Quantcast

RoboVero lib C/C++

loiczimm
This post was updated on .
Hi...

I just received my new RoboVero board... Everything seems to work well, the python Client lib work as it should...

But I'll need a C/C++ doing the same job as the Python's one... Does a lib like this already exist for the Robovero..??

Then I got a second question... When I try to flash a new program to the cortex I got the following warning message:

Warn: Verification will fail since checksum in image (0x00000000) to be written to flash is different from calculated vector checksum (0xefefbe66).

Thank you for your help...

Regards

Loic Z

Re: RoboVero lib C/C++

acsmith
Hi Loic,

Have you had any progress with the C/C++ component of this?  I'm trying to do the same thing.  I've been able to flash & communicate (via python scripts) with the Robovero but I'd like to accomplish the same task as the scripts but in a C program running on an Overo COM.  So far I've tried running a really basic program (basically gpio.py, just using the heartbeatOff()) but when I try to compile and link using Robovero firmware source code, it's not looking good.  Before I sink a ton of time into trying to get it work I'm curious if there's a better/easier way.

Hope you've made some progress, thanks for the help.

Andrew

Re: RoboVero lib C/C++

acsmith
I think I have a better understanding of what's going on now that I've thoroughly read through the Python scripts.  All of the functions live on the Robovero.  To call them (in whatever language) I need to write up some serial (USB) communication that will pass the function calls to the Robovero via the USB.  This makes sense.  I can see where all the serial communication is done using robocaller(…) in internals.py.  The built in functions are "unwrapped" on the Robovero side once they have been received from the user over USB.  I don't think it would be a huge job mimicking the python scripts in C but it would have been handy to have it all done already.  I'll slowly play around with it and report back.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: RoboVero lib C/C++

Theodore A. Roth
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM, acsmith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I have a better understanding of what's going on now that I've
> thoroughly read through the Python scripts.  All of the functions live on
> the Robovero.  To call them (in whatever language) I need to write up some
> serial (USB) communication that will pass the function calls to the Robovero
> via the USB.  This makes sense.  I can see where all the serial
> communication is done using robocaller(…) in internals.py.  The built in
> functions are "unwrapped" on the Robovero side once they have been received
> from the user over USB.  I don't think it would be a huge job mimicking the
> python scripts in C but it would have been handy to have it all done
> already.  I'll slowly play around with it and report back.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

To save yourself having to write a ton of tedious C code, you might
want to use introspection on the robovero source code to generate the
boiler plate C code. Basically, write some python code that imports
the robovero modules and spits out some C code (or whatever language
tickles your fancy).

Ted Roth