Quantcast

RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

srmaddox
So, my first RoboVero board worked fine running the sample python...I burned that board out being stupid, but it was a simple flash to 3.0.0+ OE, setup networking, SSH into the device and run the python samples..

Second board arrived to replace the board I overvolted, and I get the following (Brand new out of package) with Air COM:

login as: root
Last login: Mon Aug 29 22:46:26 2011
root@overo:~# cd robovero/
root@overo:~/robovero# python servo.py
No RoboVero hardware found.
Exception AttributeError: "'Robovero' object has no attribute 'serial'" in <bound method Robovero.__del__ of <robovero.internals.Robovero object at 0x4051bef0>> ignored
root@overo:~/robovero#

The red LED that lit up (and went solid-then-blinking after pushing the 'RoboVero' button next to the 'Overo Reset' button on the board) NEVER lights up... Not sure what gives here, I'm wondering if it's a bad piece of hardware but this is a virgin board. Has a 7.2V (tested leads @ 7.86V) battery hooked properly to the battery terminals, everything runs fine except none of the robovero hardware is found.

The USB serial connection is DISCONNECTED, so it's not Hub Commander, though it acts a lot like HubCommander is stuck in HOST mode.

Is there a way to check this or determine if the hardware is faulty?

My first ("overvolted") robovero still functions in all ways except the motor headers don't output anything now, A/D and comms still work - I had broken that by mistakenly hooking an RC car's BEC voltage to the PWM1 header (nub mistake, I know!) - at least, I assume it's broken since then, since after that attempt, the first RoboVero won't output any voltage to the PWM headers.

The second board, still having yet to have hooked anything to the headers except a Futaba s3004 Servo (no ESC/voltage applied, just straight servo) to PWM1, never lights up that red LED that appears to be the RoboVero's main hardware. I also can't seem to get any data from the onboard sensors, which work fine on my first RoboVero.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

Danny Chan
Try reflashing it. The red LED should automatically turn on as soon as the RoboVero is booted. Have you checked that the 5.0V and 3.3V are giving the correct voltages?

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

srmaddox
Interesting, yeah this board has never lit up the red LED.

Checking the voltages across where exactly?

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

srmaddox
And by reflashing, are you speaking about flashing the COM?

It's been re-flashed, and it still powers up the other robovero board with no issess (red LED comes up, just my original motor headers dead as per previous comment).

The robovero that doesn't light up - does the robo-vero itself need to be flashed? are there instructions for this?

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

Danny Chan
Between 3.3V/5.0V and Gnd on the headers.

Instructions for flashing the RoboVero can be found here: http://robovero.org/index.php/tutorials/firmware
You will need to install the toolchain first: http://robovero.org/index.php/tutorials/toolchain

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

srmaddox
Ah I see!  Thanks for the info.

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Danny Chan [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Between 3.3V/5.0V and Gnd on the headers.

Instructions for flashing the RoboVero can be found here: http://robovero.org/index.php/tutorials/firmware
You will need to install the toolchain first: http://robovero.org/index.php/tutorials/toolchain

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/RoboVero-No-red-LED-No-RoboVero-Hardware-Found-tp4900287p4902668.html
To unsubscribe from RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found, click here.

Sean R. Maddox
(817) 381-6823 (Google Voice)

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

JaredAlan
Hey Sean,

I am having the same problem as you. I am wondering if re-flashing the Robovero did the job and if not, what ended up happening?

Jared

Re: RoboVero - No red LED, No RoboVero Hardware Found

joelmeca
I have a similar problem, the LED on my robovero doesn't blink, only is on, and reinstall the firmware and the error still continues. sorry for bad english