Quantcast

Re: e-con camera modules

Roger Unwin
Hi,

Has anyone here been able to get an e-con camera module or a caspa
camera module to work with the sakoman omap-3.0-pm branch?  If so, can
you remember how you got it working?

Thanks,

Roger

Re: e-con camera modules

JamesAng
Hi Roger,

Caspa (MT9V032) camera driver is already in the mainline and in Steve's omap-3.0-pm branch.

The only known testing application (to me a.t.m) that can test the Caspa camera is Laurent's yavta.

I've not managed to get gst-launch or mplayer to work with it as a viewfinder.

AND you need media-ctl to setup the pipeline too.

There is already a oe-classic recipe in Steve's repo for the both tools.

As for e-con camera,
are you able to provide the necessary driver files and test application that came with it?

James.

Re: e-con camera modules

Roger Unwin
James,

Thanks for your answer.  It sounds like using the caspa camera is a slam dunk.  I had the e-con camera working with an older kernel, but have had problems with the driver in the new omap-3.0-pm kernel.

I asked about the Caspa as I am contemplating solving the problem by using new hardware.

Today I have managed to boot a omap-3.0-pm e-con-patched kernel, and get the e-con driver module to load, but it is not yet "working".  dmesg is now full of messages like below when the driver is loaded.

 SUCCESS
write : addr=8d57, val=c3
read : addr=8d57, val=c3
read : addr=8d57, val=c3
 SUCCESS
write : addr=8d58, val=22
read : addr=8d58, val=22
read : addr=8d58, val=22
 SUCCESS
write : addr=3104, val=0
read : addr=3104, val=0
read : addr=3104, val=0
 SUCCESS
lm3553 flash ic not found

Thanks,

Roger

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:00 PM, JamesAng <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> Caspa (MT9V032) camera driver is already in the mainline and in Steve's
> omap-3.0-pm branch.
>
> The only known testing application (to me a.t.m) that can test the Caspa
> camera is Laurent's yavta.
>
> I've not managed to get gst-launch or mplayer to work with it as a
> viewfinder.
>
> AND you need media-ctl to setup the pipeline too.
>
> There is already a oe-classic recipe in Steve's repo for the both tools.
>
> As for e-con camera,
> are you able to provide the necessary driver files and test application that
> came with it?
>
> James.

Re: e-con camera modules

JamesAng
Hi Roger,

Sorry can't help much with e-con camera as I'm still learning about Caspa camera a.t.m.
Without access to the source code, it's hard to know if it's a direct port or a overhaul task.

You should contact them to provide you with a working driver for v3.0 and above since it's their product.

James.

Re: e-con camera modules

Andrea Bazzini
Roger Unwin <roger.unwin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone here been able to get an e-con camera module or a caspa
> camera module to work with the sakoman omap-3.0-pm branch?  If so, can
> you remember how you got it working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Roger

Hi Roger, I was able to use caspa camera with steve's kernel, the supplied
driver is working correctly, you need to setup the pipeline before using the
camera, I do this with media-ctl

media-ctl -r -l '"mt9v032 3-005c":0->"OMAP3 ISP CCDC":0[1], "OMAP3 ISP
CCDC":2->"OMAP3 ISP preview":0[1], "OMAP3 ISP preview":1->"OMAP3 ISP
resizer":0[1], "OMAP3 ISP resizer":1->"OMAP3 ISP resizer output":0[1]'

media-ctl -f '"mt9v032 3-005c":0 [SGRBG10 752x480], "OMAP3 ISP CCP2":1
[SGRBG10 752x480], "OMAP3 ISP CCDC":2 [SGRBG10 752x480],"OMAP3 ISP
preview":1 [UYVY 752x480], "OMAP3 ISP resizer":1 [UYVY 752x480]'

than you can use the v4l2 source, I use gstreamer, for it you have to patch
v4l2src or the src will not connect to other filters

find file gstv4l2object.c in gst-plugins-good

than in function gst_v4l2_object_fill_format_list just before line

#ifndef GST_DISABLE_GST_DEBUG

add the following

/* Add UYVY format to the list of enumerations */
format = g_new0 (struct v4l2_fmtdesc, 1);
format->type = (enum v4l2_buf_type)-1;
format->index = n;
format->flags = 0;
format->pixelformat = V4L2_PIX_FMT_UYVY;
v4l2object->formats = g_slist_prepend (v4l2object->formats, format);
GST_INFO_OBJECT (v4l2object->element, "index:       %u", format->index);
GST_INFO_OBJECT (v4l2object->element, "type:        %d", format->type);
GST_INFO_OBJECT (v4l2object->element, "flags:       %08x", format->flags);
GST_INFO_OBJECT (v4l2object->element, "description: '%s'",
       format->description);
GST_INFO_OBJECT (v4l2object->element, "pixelformat: %" GST_FOURCC_FORMAT,
GST_FOURCC_ARGS (format->pixelformat));

this add the UYVY format that is provided by ISP to the list of formats tried
for connection.

than you should be able to do something like this

export DISPLAY=:0.0
gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video6 ! xvimagesink

to test the camera and view in realtime
and you can change camera setup (brightness, contrast, exposure and so on) using
yavta

for e-con modules I don't know, but I think that you need something very
similar, if they connect to ISP you need same patch for v4l2src and have to
change the pipeline configuration used. One more thing, I changed the clock
frequency on mt9v032 driver, with the default one (25000000) the camera works
erraticaly, probably due to a bad cable/connector combination o electrical
noise, as my applicaction only require 25HZ framerate I changed the clock to
1250000 and related timings (vert and horz blank and other) and now is working
perfectly

Andrea