Re: connex400xm + wifistix-CF + GPSstix + LCD question

Re: connex400xm + wifistix-CF + GPSstix + LCD question

Dave Hylands
Hi Drew,

> In trying to understand the UART thing, I made the following
> spreadsheet (which includes more than the UART info):
> <http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p_swP2o4tl-C0K5F-E7Dvcg>
> * It's not meant to tell everything that is going on, just to
> highlight -potential- conflicts.
> * It has an overly-simplified view of the UART situation, which I
> suspect is actually quite complicated.

Looking at your spreadsheet, I noticed one error/discrepancy.

You mention in the notes that HWUART and BTUART are wired to the same
pins. That's only kind of true.

GPIOs 48 & 49 are on the 60-pin connector and can be connected to HWUART.
GPIOs 42 & 43 are on the 60-pin connector and can be connected to
either BTUART or HWUART.

If you're using a bluetooth module, then GPIOs 42 and 43 are the ones
that go to the bluetooth module itself, so these shouldn't be used on
the 60-pin connector.

If you a "mem net" board, then GPIO 48 and/or 49 are used for
interfacing to the "mem net" device (and hence shouldn't be used on
the 60-pin connector.

So, if you had a new basicx, or a new connex with no board plugged
into the 92-pin connector, then you could get at all 4 serial ports on
the 60-pin connector.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: connex400xm + wifistix-CF + GPSstix + LCD question

Drew Folta
Thanks, I've updated the spreadsheet to try to capture more of this.

I've given up trying to capture the UART situation on that
spreadsheet, mainly because I don't think it can be represented by a
simple two-dimensional matrix.  I need to do more research.

Drew