Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
Andrew,

Where do I find the included file "mavlink.h"?

Glen

Glen Wernersbach View my profile on LinkedInView Profile
Innovator and CEO
MotionLABs LLC.
Making the Next Thing Happen Now!
629 Old State Route 74 – Suite 210
<a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://3/0" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="address" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/0">Cincinnati, Oh 45244
<a dir="ltr" href="tel:513-240-9929" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/1" style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">513-240-9929

On Oct 7, 2016, at 5:41 PM, Glen Wernersbach <[hidden email]> wrote:

Andrew,

If I have got this right and it it has been a while since I have fooled with my Yocto build. This all is not install by default?

To install it, I have to modify my local.conf?

Glen
--
Glen Wernersbach View my profile on LinkedInView Profile
Innovator and CEO
MotionLABs LLC.
"Making the Next Thing Happen Now!"™
513-240-9929

From: "Andrew C. Smith [via Gumstix]" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:00 AM
To: Glen Wernersbach <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

Hi Glen,

Yes, two way communication between the AeroCore and COM (Overo, DuoVero, 96Boards, Intel Joule) as always worked out of the box.  The PX4 firmware streams MAVLink data via the serial bridge connected to the COM on boot.  The COM needs only an app

https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/tree/fido/recipes-extended/mavlink-socket

to listen and parse.  The above app takes the data and sends it via UDP (WiFi) to a specific IP address.

Andrew

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/MAVlink-for-Aerocore2-and-DuoVero-tp4970935p4971089.html
To unsubscribe from MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero, click here.

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

Andrew C. Smith
That's part of the MAVLink source

https://github.com/mavlink/mavlink

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
Yes but the  Mavlink-Socket app should be build  and ran as part of
Duevoro Yocto and so all files to be included as part of archive for it to
build.
--
Glen Wernersbach View Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/in/GlenWernersbach>
Innovator and CEO
MotionLABs LLC.
"Making the Next Thing Happen Now!"

513-240-9929
[hidden email]

Andrew C. Smith

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com

Yes, my two original questions about that recipe are:
1. But that recipes is not added by default? Where do I add it to
local.conf in my build so it gets added to my default yocto build?
2. The recipes C file does a local include of Œinclude ³mavlink.h² ¹ that
file is not local to the files directory and is nowhere in the yocto
build. Where does the build get it from to compile it?

--

On 10/11/16, 10:09 AM, "Andrew C. Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>That's all done with this recipe
>
>https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/tree/fido/recipes-extended/
>mavlink-socket
><https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras/tree/fido/recipes-extended
>/mavlink-socket>

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

Andrew C. Smith
I would suggest you just use the smart installer to install the package

"smart install mavlink-socket"

Recipes don't go in your local.conf, they go in whatever image file you're bitbaking (i.e. gumstix-console-image).

If you look at the mavlink-socket.bb file, you'll see it pulls the mavlink source from the github page.

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
1. Here is what I get when I do smart install:
----
root@duovero:~# smart install mavlink-socket
Updating cache...               ########################################
[100%]

error: 'mavlink-socket' matches no packages

root@duovero:~#
‹‹

I probably need to add that git location somehow. I did not see the files
in the source url but maybe they get generated somehow.

2. So I believe I need to edit the installed_pkgs.txt file to get it to
build automatically?

Again, all I wanted to do is get a proven base line to work so I could
build from there.

Note ... you need to "smart update" first to grab the most recent list of packages.

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
Thanks that installed. I will still need to figure out how to get it to
work and modify it but progress. I appreciate your help.

--

On 10/11/16, 12:17 PM, "Andrew C. Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Note ... you need to "smart update" first to grab the most recent list of
>packages.

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

Andrew C. Smith
Glen ... I'm not seeing any of your recent posts going to the nabble website.  Could you please make sure your posts go to the website as well as the email lists?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: MAVlink for Aerocore2 and DuoVero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
I was trying to figure that out myself. Why they were not getting posted
to the thread. Normally, I thought I just had to reply?