Quantcast

Question: Flashing Via SSH

C D-2
Looking at this: http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Flash_the_filesystem_image
There's some confusion.

>>Do not do the above flashing of the root_fs if you do not have a
2.6.15 u-boot flashed onto the gumstix

What version of U-Boot would that be? Version 1.1.4 is factory
installed on my gumstix. Do I still need to do step 4? (flashcp -v
/tmp/u-boot.bin /dev/mtd1)

Version output:
U-Boot 1.1.4 (Nov  6 2006 - 11:20:03) - 400 MHz - 1161

Also part of my mount command's output:
# mount
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)

none of the others have mtd in them either.

doesn't point to an mtd and /dev/root doesn't exist...
How do I determine the correct mtd to flash to?
The rootfs installed via serial previously is 1364

It just seems ssh would save me 40 minutes over the slow serial
transfer in case anyone wonders why I would do this when I have a
serial port.

- Chris