Problems making PERL?

123

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
The first build was good.

I delete OETMP and then ran it again

$ bitbake x-load && bitbake virtual/bootloader && bitbake virtual/kernel

and it was successful.

So the only change to a fresh Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit install and following
the Gumstix OE instructions was adding

ASSUME_PROVIDED += "perl-native"

to ~/overo-oe/build/conf/site.conf

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Dan Brown-5
This has got my build finally working!   Thank you!

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
This is probably not a good hack fix.

I was looking at the log from a beagleboard OE build for perl-native.

There is an -fPIC option being passed to the compiler for the
beagleboard build of perl-native that is not getting passed in the
gumstix OE build.

The -fPIC option is being passed to the build of libpthreads for both
systems. I think this might be the cause of the perl-native link error.

I'm trying to figure out why the gumstix args are different.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
After frickin around with OE and Perl for awhile, it looks like Ubuntu
11.04 is the problem after all.

libc and friends are no longer found in the old places, but in new
multiarch directories.

[Ubuntu 10.10]
scott@quad:~$ dpkg -S libc.so
libc6-dev: /usr/lib/libc.so
libc6-i386: /lib32/libc.so.6
libc6: /lib/libc.so.6

[Ubuntu 11.04]
scott@scott-dual:~/overo-oe$ dpkg -S libc.so
libc6-dev: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so
libc6: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

So when the perl-native configure step runs, instead of this

[Ubuntu 10.10]
Checking for optional libraries...
What libraries to use? [-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc]

You get this

[Ubuntu 11.04]
Checking for optional libraries...
What libraries to use? [none]

And later in the config results you get different compiler options
like -fPIC for Ubuntu 10.10 and not for 11.04.

I found patch in one of the OE dev trees for Perl 5.12 on Ubuntu 11.04.
I suppose this is how they plan to address this. Basically adding
"/usr/lib/`uname -m`-linux-gnu" to the library search path in the Perl
Config script.

I created a similar patch for 5.10, deleted OETMP and a new build
is running now without the ASSUME_PROVIDED="perl-native" change. It's
past the perl-native build. I'll try and build a full image this time.

Sorry for the list noise if noone is interested.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Micheal Zub
No one is interested??? Pfff... I think a lot of people will be interested in this patch including me.
You have done a great job, thank you very much!

Now I am building image with OE git 2011.03-maintenance branch using ASSUME_PROVIDED="perl-native" change.
I think it will build whole night from scratch. Can I rebuild only the perl-native package if I'll use your patch and delete that dirty hack change?

jumpnowdev wrote

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Bob Cochran
Hi Scott,

Thanks for doing this. I think it is a service to all of us.

Bob Cochran

On 04/17/2011 02:28 PM, Scott Ellis wrote:

> After frickin around with OE and Perl for awhile, it looks like Ubuntu
> 11.04 is the problem after all.
>
> libc and friends are no longer found in the old places, but in new
> multiarch directories.
>
> [Ubuntu 10.10]
> scott@quad:~$ dpkg -S libc.so
> libc6-dev: /usr/lib/libc.so
> libc6-i386: /lib32/libc.so.6
> libc6: /lib/libc.so.6
>
> [Ubuntu 11.04]
> scott@scott-dual:~/overo-oe$ dpkg -S libc.so
> libc6-dev: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so
> libc6: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
>

> So when the perl-native configure step runs, instead of this
>
> [Ubuntu 10.10]
> Checking for optional libraries...
> What libraries to use? [-lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc]
>
> You get this
>
> [Ubuntu 11.04]
> Checking for optional libraries...
> What libraries to use? [none]
>

> And later in the config results you get different compiler options
> like -fPIC for Ubuntu 10.10 and not for 11.04.
>

> I found patch in one of the OE dev trees for Perl 5.12 on Ubuntu 11.04.
> I suppose this is how they plan to address this. Basically adding
> "/usr/lib/`uname -m`-linux-gnu" to the library search path in the Perl
> Config script.
>
> I created a similar patch for 5.10, deleted OETMP and a new build
> is running now without the ASSUME_PROVIDED="perl-native" change. It's
> past the perl-native build. I'll try and build a full image this time.
>
> Sorry for the list noise if noone is interested.
>
> Scott
>
> On Sun, 2011-04-17 at 07:42 -0400, Scott Ellis wrote:
>> This is probably not a good hack fix.
>>
>> I was looking at the log from a beagleboard OE build for perl-native.
>>
>> There is an -fPIC option being passed to the compiler for the
>> beagleboard build of perl-native that is not getting passed in the
>> gumstix OE build.
>>
>> The -fPIC option is being passed to the build of libpthreads for both
>> systems. I think this might be the cause of the perl-native link error.
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out why the gumstix args are different.
>>
>> Scott

Re: Problems making PERL?

Dan Brown-5
Hello Scott

Thanks for following up on this.  My build failed later on due to the ASSUME_PROVIDED="perl-native" and when I checked the list again I saw your previous message.  I'm hoping after you test your patch that it will be uploaded to the repository?  I'mm be able to 'git pull' and I should be working again then?

I really do appreciate your efforts, and I'm sure that other guy running 11.04 does also!

Thanks again!
Dan

(Reposting as I forgot the change my outgoing email addy again...  arg!)

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
I'm building an omap3-console-image now.

If it finishes okay, I'll put the patch up. Probably tomorrow
morning at the earliest. I should have put 11.04 on a faster
machine.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
The omap3-console-image built successfully.

I had to work around the known docbook-utils problem.
http://old.nabble.com/omap3-console-image-build-fails-%3A-can%27t-read-docbook.cat%3A-No-such-file-or-directory-to31245580.html#a31246485

I took the easy approach and removed it as a dependency from iputils.

I also switched to bitbake 1.12 while I was flailing, but I don't think that
is necessary.

The patches are here.

0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
https://gist.github.com/925006

0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
https://gist.github.com/925009

If you know how to apply patches, you can skip the rest.

If you are unsure, here is one approach.

I am working off the gumstix overo-oe repository checked out April 16, 2011.

Make sure you are on the overo branch

===
~$ cd overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git branch -a
  org.openembedded.dev
* overo
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/org.openembedded.dev
  remotes/origin/org.openembedded.dev
  remotes/origin/overo
  remotes/origin/verdex
===

And you should be here or close to it for the last commit

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git log -n5 --oneline
5f79a98 Added ncurses_5.9
9bac0a8 Force mtd-utils to use version 1.3.1 to circumvent flash_eraseall -j problem in 1.4.1
9485df8 Changed Angstrom ipk location for Overo. Added task-native-sdk to desktop-image. Added touchscreen calibration patch.
243d273 Added mt9v032-queryctl-ordering.patch to caspapx kernel recipe and reverted the source revision of xf86-video-omapfb
3ab4b8e Merge branch 'org.openembedded.dev' into unstable
===

First I would suggest making a working branch

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout -b ubuntu-11.04

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git branch -a
  org.openembedded.dev
  overo
* ubuntu-11.04
  remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/org.openembedded.dev
  remotes/origin/org.openembedded.dev
  remotes/origin/overo
  remotes/origin/verdex
===

Now download the patches from github and copy them to ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev

<download and copy the patches>

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ ls -l 00*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott scott 2087 2011-04-18 05:08 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
-rw-rw-r-- 1 scott scott  837 2011-04-18 05:08 0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
===

Then before applying the patches, you might want to check them first

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --check --verbose 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
Checking patch recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch...
Checking patch recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb...

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --check --verbose 0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
Checking patch recipes/iputils/iputils_20071127.bb...
===

Now for real

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --verbose 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
Checking patch recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch...
Checking patch recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb...
Applied patch recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch cleanly.
Applied patch recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb cleanly.
===

Commit this first change to your test branch to keep a good record

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git status
# On branch ubuntu-11.04
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
# modified:   recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
# 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
# 0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
# recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git add recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git add recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git commit -m 'perl-native multiarch patch for ubuntu'
[ubuntu-11.04 329eb84] perl-native multiarch patch for ubuntu
 create mode 100644 recipes/perl/files/ubuntu-11.04-multiarch.patch
===

Then if you want the iputils patch for docbook errors, do this

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --verbose 0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
Checking patch recipes/iputils/iputils_20071127.bb...
Applied patch recipes/iputils/iputils_20071127.bb cleanly.

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git status
# On branch ubuntu-11.04
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)
#
# modified:   recipes/iputils/iputils_20071127.bb
#
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
# 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch
# 0002-iputils-remove-docbook-utils-and-sgmlspl-dependency.patch
no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git add recipes/iputils/iputils_20071127.bb
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git commit -m 'iputils remove docbook and sgml from dependencies'
[ubuntu-11.04 c8c2125] iputils remove docbook and sgml from dependencies
===

===
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git log -n7 --oneline
c8c2125 iputils remove docbook and sgml from dependencies
329eb84 perl-native multiarch patch for ubuntu
5f79a98 Added ncurses_5.9
9bac0a8 Force mtd-utils to use version 1.3.1 to circumvent flash_eraseall -j problem in 1.4.1
9485df8 Changed Angstrom ipk location for Overo. Added task-native-sdk to desktop-image. Added touchscreen calibration patch.
243d273 Added mt9v032-queryctl-ordering.patch to caspapx kernel recipe and reverted the source revision of xf86-video-omapfb
3ab4b8e Merge branch 'org.openembedded.dev' into unstable
===

If you want to switch to bitbake 1.12, now would be a good time.

===
~$ cd ~/overo-oe/bitbake
~/overo-oe/bitbake$ git checkout -b 1.12 origin/1.12
===

Then if you have already tried and failed to build either perl-native or iputils
you should clean them first.

===
~$ cd ~/overo-oe
~/overo-oe$ bitbake -c clean perl-native
~/overo-oe$ bitbake -c clean iputils
===

And now you should be able to build an omap3-console-image from an 11.04 64-bit
Ubuntu.

If later you want to go back and pull updates from the gumstix overo-oe
repository, you can do this.

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout overo
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git pull

<Look at the changes and decide whether you want them at this time>

And then merge them all into your ubuntu-11.04 branch like this

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout ubuntu-11.04
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git merge overo

Or you could cherry-pick only the changes you want from the overo branch
to merge. Or do something else. There are lots of git workflows.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

Blake Ramsdell-2
On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Scott Ellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> After frickin around with OE and Perl for awhile, it looks like Ubuntu
> 11.04 is the problem after all.

FYI, not sure if everyone saw this:

http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/1659/

Seems to be related.

Blake
--
Blake Ramsdell | http://blakeramsdell.com

Re: Problems making PERL?

Brandon Stafford

wrote:

> > After frickin around with OE and Perl for awhile, it looks like Ubuntu
> > 11.04 is the problem after all.
>
> FYI, not sure if everyone saw this:
>
> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/1659/
>
> Seems to be related.
>
> Blake
> --

That patch is basically identical to Scott's, but I believe it has only been
applied to the new openembedded-core repository:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded-core/commit/?
id=8ba700a4c593fd52bd01b6272b4c8285a71964f7

This means that it may not appear in the classic openembedded repo, which I
believe is what Gumstix pulls from.

One other note: on my Ubuntu 11.04 machine, uname -m returns i686, which results
in /usr/lib/i686-linux-gnu/ being added to glibpth. However, my libc.so appears
at /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so. I was able to get perl-native to compile
successfully by adding a symbolic link like this:

    sudo ln -s i386-linux-gnu/ i686-linux-gnu

I'm not sure how to handle that with an improved patch-- it might be just my
machine that is odd.

Regards,
Brandon

Re: Problems making PERL?

Scott Ellis
My patch was similar because it was based on theirs. Once I figured out
it was Ubuntu moving library paths, I knew I wasn't looking for a simple
typo anymore. That's when I started googling OE perl commits figuring
someone over there must have tried 11.04. I suppose I could have tried
google first, but what fun would that have been. It was raining
outside ;-)

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL?

ryer
Scott,

i had the same problem with perl and i applied this patches by following all the steps you mentioned here, and then build my omap3 console image. but now i got this error..what should i do now..HELP~

NOTE: Running task 1208 of 4958 (ID: 2825, virtual:native:/home/aqidd/overo/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb, do_compile)
NOTE: package libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4: task do_compile: Started
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/aqidd/overo/tmp/work/i686-linux/libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4/temp/log.do_compile.20224
Log data follows:
| + do_compile
| + cpan_do_compile
| + oe_runmake 'PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'LD=gcc '
| + oenote make -e MAKEFLAGS= 'PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'LD=gcc '
| + echo NOTE: 'make -e MAKEFLAGS= PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g LD=gcc '
| NOTE: make -e MAKEFLAGS= PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g LD=gcc
| + make -e MAKEFLAGS= 'PASTHRU_INC=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'CCFLAGS=-isystem/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/include -O2 -g' 'LD=gcc '
| make: *** No rule to make target `/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/perl/None/Config.pm', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
| + die 'oe_runmake failed'
| + oefatal 'oe_runmake failed'
| + echo FATAL: 'oe_runmake failed'
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed
| + exit 1
NOTE: package libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: Function 'do_compile' failed (see /home/aqidd/overo/tmp/work/i686-linux/libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4/temp/log.do_compile.20224 for further information)
ERROR: Task 2825 (virtual:native:/home/aqidd/overo/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: 'virtual:native:/home/aqidd/overo/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb' failed

really appreciate your advise

jumpnowdev wrote
> [...]

| make: *** No rule to make target `/home/aqidd/overo/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/lib/perl/None/Config.pm', needed by `Makefile'.  Stop.
| + die 'oe_runmake failed'
| + oefatal 'oe_runmake failed'
| + echo FATAL: 'oe_runmake failed'
| FATAL: oe_runmake failed
| + exit 1
NOTE: package libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: Function 'do_compile' failed (see /home/aqidd/overo/tmp/work/i686-linux/libxml-parser-perl-native-2.36-r4/temp/log.do_compile.20224 for further information)
ERROR: Task 2825 (virtual:native:/home/aqidd/overo/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
ERROR: 'virtual:native:/home/aqidd/overo/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/libxml-parser-perl_2.36.bb' failed

Thank you!

jumpnowdev wrote
[...]

So did you get this fixed? I installed Ubuntu 11.04 on another
machine yesterday and only needed the perl-native patch and
removal of iputils from task-proper-tools to get omap3-console-image
to build.

You could try cleaning the libxml-parser-perl-native build first.

$ bitbake -c clean libxml-parser-perl-native
$ bitbake libxml-parser-perl-native

Mine is a 64-bit Ubuntu install, not that it should matter.

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 02:51 -0700, ryer wrote:

> [...]
> > ~$ cd ~/overo-oe
> > ~/overo-oe$ bitbake -c clean perl-native
> > ~/overo-oe$ bitbake -c clean iputils
> > ===
> >
> > And now you should be able to build an omap3-console-image from an 11.04
> > 64-bit
> > Ubuntu.
> >
> > If later you want to go back and pull updates from the gumstix overo-oe
> > repository, you can do this.
> >
> > ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout overo
> > ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git pull
> >
> > <Look at the changes and decide whether you want them at this time>
> >
> > And then merge them all into your ubuntu-11.04 branch like this
> >
> > ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout ubuntu-11.04
> > ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git merge overo
> >
> > Or you could cherry-pick only the changes you want from the overo branch
> > to merge. Or do something else. There are lots of git workflows.

Re: Problems making PERL? Problems with Bitbake

coderdrone
I'm having the same issues here.  I followed the instructions at http://gumstix.org/software-development/open-embedded/61-using-the-open-embedded-build-system.html to set up a brand new overo-oe environment.  bitbake omap3-console-image is failing the same as this thread above.  I tried the suggestions in the replies as well.  Has this been resolved?

jumpnowdev wrote
I don't think it's the libpthreads on your Ubuntu install
that matters. It's the cross-built libpthreads that are missing.
The ones in the sysroots/.../lib directory.

What has me stumped is why you can't bitbake libpthreads-stubs-native.

scott@quad:~/overo-oe$ ./oey.py -t libpthread-stubs-native

Package [ libpthread-stubs-native ] depends on
        autoconf-native
                m4-native
        automake-native
                perl-native-runtime
        coreutils-native
        gnu-config-native
        help2man-native
        libtool-native
        linux-libc-headers-native
                unifdef-native
        pkgconfig-native

It should only be dependent on perl-native-runtime which is
from your workstation if I understand things. Which I might
not.

Off for the night.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL? Problems with Bitbake

Scott Ellis
This has been working for me.

The patch

https://gist.github.com/925006

To apply

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --verbose 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch

Substitute the name you gave the patch when downloading.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL? Problems with Bitbake

coderdrone
The patch applied successfully, but I'm still getting a failure on perl-native-5.10.1-r10.  I noticed your patch mentions 'lib64'.  Is this a 64-bit only patch, or will it work on 32-bit systems?  My system is Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit.  I'm about to head out for an appointment, but I'll write back later if I find anything else.

Error as follows:

> [...]
| sv.o: In function `perl_clone':
| sv.c:(.text+0xb7bd): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
| sv.o: In function `Perl_sv_setpvf_mg_nocontext':
| sv.c:(.text+0x12f0f): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| sv.o: In function `Perl_sv_setpvf_nocontext':
| sv.c:(.text+0x12fdf): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| sv.o: In function `Perl_newSVpvf_nocontext':
| sv.c:(.text+0x130ef): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| sv.o: In function `Perl_sv_catpvf_mg_nocontext':
| sv.c:(.text+0x131df): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| sv.o: In function `Perl_sv_catpvf_nocontext':
| sv.c:(.text+0x1350f): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| pp.o: In function `Perl_pp_pow':
| pp.c:(.text+0x2e55): undefined reference to `pow'
| pp.o: In function `Perl_pp_modulo':
| pp.c:(.text+0x3a27): undefined reference to `floor'
| pp.c:(.text+0x3a4e): undefined reference to `floor'
| pp.c:(.text+0x3d58): undefined reference to `fmod'
| pp.o: In function `Perl_pp_atan2':
| pp.c:(.text+0x8814): undefined reference to `atan2'
| pp.o: In function `Perl_pp_sin':
| pp.c:(.text+0x89a3): undefined reference to `sin'
| pp.o: In function `Perl_pp_int':
| pp.c:(.text+0x8ebc): undefined reference to `ceil'
| pp.c:(.text+0x8ee4): undefined reference to `floor'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x164): undefined reference to `cos'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x168): undefined reference to `sin'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x16c): undefined reference to `sin'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x170): undefined reference to `exp'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x174): undefined reference to `log'
| pp.o:(.rodata+0x178): undefined reference to `sqrt'
| perlio.o: In function `PerlIO_debug':
| perlio.c:(.text+0x7ca): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlio.c:(.text+0x85f): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlio.o: In function `PerlIOUnix_refcnt_dec':
| perlio.c:(.text+0x4a5b): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlio.o: In function `PerlIO_releaseFILE':
| perlio.c:(.text+0x4e89): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlio.o: In function `PerlIO_getname':
| perlio.c:(.text+0x54af): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlio.o:perlio.c:(.text+0x54df): more undefined references to `pthread_getspecific' follow
| pp_pack.o: In function `S_pack_rec':
| pp_pack.c:(.text+0x66de): undefined reference to `floor'
| pp_pack.c:(.text+0x66fd): undefined reference to `floor'
| pp_pack.c:(.text+0x6722): undefined reference to `floor'
| opmini.o: In function `Perl_load_module_nocontext':
| opmini.c:(.text+0xeedf): undefined reference to `pthread_getspecific'
| perlmini.o: In function `perl_alloc':
| perlmini.c:(.text+0x44d): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
| perlmini.c:(.text+0x485): undefined reference to `pthread_key_create'
| perlmini.c:(.text+0x49e): undefined reference to `pthread_setspecific'
| perlmini.o: In function `perl_fini':
| perlmini.c:(.text+0x659): undefined reference to `pthread_key_delete'
NOTE: package perl-native-5.10.1-r10: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: TaskFailed event exception, aborting
ERROR: Build of ~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb do_compile failed
ERROR: Task 2418 (~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb, do_compile) failed with 256
ERROR: '~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb' failed
ERROR: '~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev/recipes/perl/perl-native_5.10.1.bb' failed

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Scott Ellis <[hidden email]> wrote:
This has been working for me.

The patch

https://gist.github.com/925006

To apply

~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git apply --verbose 0001-perl-native-multilib-patch-for-ubuntu-11.04.patch

Substitute the name you gave the patch when downloading.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL? Problems with Bitbake

Scott Ellis
Did you clean perl-native first?

I don't have a 32-bit system nearby. The patch is using 'uname -m'
to get the multi-arch system lib path to libc.so and using that to
set the Perl config search path.

++test -f /usr/lib/`uname -m`-linux-gnu/libc.so && glibpth="/usr/lib/`uname -m`-linux-gnu $glibpth"

On a 64-bit system it looks like this

scott@laptop:/usr/lib$ uname -m
x86_64
scott@laptop:/usr/lib$ ls -l x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 298 2011-04-11 07:18 x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so

In particular, it's libpthread.so that isn't getting found.

scott@laptop:/usr$ find . -name libpthread.so -print
./lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so

Maybe that 'uname -m' doesn't get it right for 32-bit systems?

If so, you could modify the patch.

Scott

--
Sent from my Linux box

Re: Problems making PERL? Problems with Bitbake

coderdrone
I didn't clean perl-native, but I did rm -rf overo-oe/tmp before trying to bitbake perl-native

On my system, uname -m returns

i686

/usr$ find . -name libpthread.so -print
./lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so

I tried changing the `uname -m` portion of the patch (both locations in that "++test -f /usr/lib/`uname..." line) to i386

Wasn't sure how to remove the original patch from perl-native (maybe some kind of "git revert" thing?), so I cleaned tmp, org.openembedded and more or less started over.

~/overo-oe$ rm -rf tmp
~/overo-oe$ rm -rf org.openembedded.dev
~/overo-oe$ git clone git://gitorious.org/gumstix-oe/mainline.git org.openembedded.dev
~/overo-oe$ cd org.openembedded.dev
~/overo-oe/org.openembedded.dev$ git checkout --track -b overo origin/overo

Then I reapplied the modified perl-native patch (using i386 instead of `uname -m`) and built perl-native again through bitbake.

SUCCESS!  perl-native built successfully.

I'm currently building omap3-console-image and I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for the help!