Quantcast

Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

Giuseppe
Hi,

Since 3 years we have design an application using Gum EarthStorm COM, our device uses a Tèlit module HE910 to stream data to a Server.
We have used Angstrom OS in a bootable SD, opportunely modified. To comunicate with HE we use USB bus with relative acm driver (/dev/ttyACMx), all work correctly, last year we have bought 250 Earth to produce and sell our product. But our device with rev 3954 don't work correctly, the acm drivers don't start and our software is not able to comunicate with modem HE. Mounting an EartStorm COM rev 3950 everything works.

Someone have any ideas of that is wrong or different in rev 3954 that can collide with acm?

Kern release 3.2.0
version #45 PREEMPT Fri Aug 28 10:55:14 CEST 2015

Ing. Giuseppe Sensini

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

likness
I reported a suspiciously similar problem two weeks ago and have heard nothing - is there a revision-driven change to USB that requires a kernel/driver update?  Please, someone from Gumstix, explain the revision deltas as we have a number of IceSTORM modules that are unusable.

From my Jan 11, 2017 post (regarding IceSTORM):
Are there any deltas between R3950 and R3952 that may have impacted the USB pins?

Is it possible to get R3950 IceSTORM modules delivered as a method of moving ahead while the revision change is researched?

Many thanks.
-m

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

Andrew C. Smith
Hi guys,

Thanks for the messages.  We'll look into the differences in those two revisions and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

Giuseppe

Today I have mounted new rev. on Tobi board, any usb device connected to host USB port has been revealed, pendrive, mouse, keyboard, the evkit board of modem HE910. Supply of 5V is present but no messages appear in dmesg when we connect somethig to USB port. Then we have mounted on same board, using the same uSD-card, the rev 3950 and all USB devices work correctly.
We have 220 EarthStorms unusable and an order of 500 pz blocked untill to we will have a solution.

Please, someone from Gumstix, explain us what to do to restore usb functionality

Ing. Giuseppe Sensini

Since 3 years we have design an application using Gum EarthStorm COM, our device uses a Tèlit module HE910 to stream data to a Server.
We have used Angstrom OS in a bootable SD, opportunely modified. To comunicate with HE we use USB bus with relative acm driver (/dev/ttyACMx), all work correctly, last year we have bought 250 Earth to produce and sell our product. But our device with rev 3954 don't work correctly, the acm drivers don't start and our software is not able to comunicate with modem HE. Mounting an EartStorm COM rev 3950 everything works.

Someone have any ideas of that is wrong or different in rev 3954 that can collide with acm?

Kern release 3.2.0
version #45 PREEMPT Fri Aug 28 10:55:14 CEST 2015

Ing. Giuseppe Sensini

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

Giuseppe
Hi Andrew,

any news about our issue with USB bus of EarthStorm rev 3954 ?

regards
Giuseppe wrote
Hi,

Today I have mounted new rev. on Tobi board, any usb device connected to
host USB port has been revealed, pendrive, mouse, keyboard, the evkit board
of modem HE910. Supply of 5V is present but no messages appear in dmesg
when we connect somethig to USB port. Then we have mounted on same board,
using the same uSD-card, the rev 3950 and all USB devices work correctly.
We have 220 EarthStorms unusable and an order of 500 pz blocked untill to
we will have a solution.

Please, someone from Gumstix, explain us what to do to restore usb
functionality

*Ing. Giuseppe Sensini*

> Hi,
>
> Since 3 years we have design an application using Gum EarthStorm COM, our
> device uses a Tèlit module HE910 to stream data to a Server.
> We have used Angstrom OS in a bootable SD, opportunely modified. To
> comunicate with HE we use USB bus with relative acm driver (/dev/ttyACMx),
> all work correctly, last year we have bought 250 Earth to produce and sell
> our product. But our device with rev 3954 don't work correctly, the acm
> drivers don't start and our software is not able to comunicate with modem
> HE. Mounting an EartStorm COM rev 3950 everything works.
>
> Someone have any ideas of that is wrong or different in rev 3954 that can
> collide with acm?
>
> Kern release 3.2.0
> version #45 PREEMPT Fri Aug 28 10:55:14 CEST 2015
>

> *Ing. Giuseppe Sensini*

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

celinebarrozo
Hello!

One of our engineers is looking into this. We'll let you know as soon as we get an update.

Thanks,
Celine

Celine Marie Barrozo
Customer Service Representative
[hidden email] | www.gumstix.com
blog.gumstix.com

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:19 AM, Giuseppe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

any news about our issue with USB bus of EarthStorm rev 3954 ?

regards
Giuseppe wrote
> Hi,
>
> Today I have mounted new rev. on Tobi board, any usb device connected to
> host USB port has been revealed, pendrive, mouse, keyboard, the evkit
> board
> of modem HE910. Supply of 5V is present but no messages appear in dmesg
> when we connect somethig to USB port. Then we have mounted on same board,
> using the same uSD-card, the rev 3950 and all USB devices work correctly.
> We have 220 EarthStorms unusable and an order of 500 pz blocked untill to
> we will have a solution.
>
> Please, someone from Gumstix, explain us what to do to restore usb
> functionality
>
> *Ing. Giuseppe Sensini*

> ing.sensini@

> &gt;:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since 3 years we have design an application using Gum EarthStorm COM, our
>> device uses a Tèlit module HE910 to stream data to a Server.
>> We have used Angstrom OS in a bootable SD, opportunely modified. To
>> comunicate with HE we use USB bus with relative acm driver
>> (/dev/ttyACMx),
>> all work correctly, last year we have bought 250 Earth to produce and
>> sell
>> our product. But our device with rev 3954 don't work correctly, the acm
>> drivers don't start and our software is not able to comunicate with modem
>> HE. Mounting an EartStorm COM rev 3950 everything works.
>>
>> Someone have any ideas of that is wrong or different in rev 3954 that can
>> collide with acm?
>>
>> Kern release 3.2.0
>> version #45 PREEMPT Fri Aug 28 10:55:14 CEST 2015
>>

>> *Ing. Giuseppe Sensini*

Re: Problem with EarthStorm rev 3954

Giuseppe
This post was updated on .
Hi Celine,

thanks for your reply, if you need more information about issue, please contact me at any time.

Regards