Quantcast

Pin I/O

William Bryan
I am working on a project that requires us to drive I2C lines as well as read incoming data from a camera (not on the I2C lines). I'm not entirely sure how to do this, or even where to begin. Can somebody give me some tips or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

PS: This would be on a DuOvero.
--
Will Bryan
Iowa State University | Computer Engineering

Re: Pin I/O

MikePeterson
maybe look here?

http://www.jumpnowtek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=91

On 1/10/2013 10:36 AM, William Bryan wrote:
I am working on a project that requires us to drive I2C lines as well as read incoming data from a camera (not on the I2C lines). I'm not entirely sure how to do this, or even where to begin. Can somebody give me some tips or point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

PS: This would be on a DuOvero.
--
Will Bryan
Iowa State University | Computer Engineering
Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity | Philanthropy | Homecoming
[hidden email] | 712.212.5027

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122712

Re: Pin I/O

Scott Ellis
Will,

Sounds like you want to do a camera driver for the Duovero using the ISS controller.

The ISS is what you will use for clocking and image data. I2C will be used for register
control of the sensor. At least that's how omap3 boards like the Overo typically
interface to image sensors.

I'd try to find an existing public omap4 ISS driver for any sensor if you can.

Another place to look is at some existing omap3 ISP drivers in the kernel tree.

The omap3 ISP and the omap4 ISS controllers are different so you'll have to
research that in the respective TRMs. The Overos use a parallel interface to
connect image sensors. Looks like omap4s only have serial interfaces.

The V4L2 code mixed into the omap3 drivers can be confusing as well.

If you don't find an existing omap4 ISS driver and have to start from scratch,
then you might want to consider skipping the V4L2 interface and go directly
at the ISS/ISP regs in your driver on the first pass.

V4L2 isn't necessary. You'll just have to write a custom user app that
understands the data. A very simple app can just dump the images to a file
so you can analyze and debug your driver.

I've done this before on the omap3s and it makes for a significantly easier to
understand module.

Scott