Quantcast

Periodic Serial Bridge Connect on Aero2Core to Duovero

Periodic Serial Bridge Connect on Aero2Core to Duovero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
Hi All,

I am trying to get the serial bridge to work properly from Aero2Core to Duovero direction.

I first started out emulating the Mavlink socket program. At a packet a second everything works fine.

I then did my own packet program using the same settings as the Mavlink (with Mavlink disable)  and a small packet size.

It works at 1 second but when I try to communicate a smaller period say 16ms, I get many failed packets like 1 out of every 3 or more. The serial transmission for this packet size at the baud rate should take less than 1ms.  It appears that kernel on Nuttx on the AeroCore and or kernel on Linux (with the yocto Linux preempt RT recipe installed) is taken a long time between sending  or receiving individual bytes.

I have no problem sending the same size packet with the same serial settings and baud from the Duovero to the Aero2Core.  That way works fine. It is just from the Aero2Core to Duovero that is flaky.

Any ideas?

Glen
--
Glen Wernersbach

Re: Periodic Serial Bridge Connect on Aero2Core to Duovero

Andrew C. Smith
Hey Glen,

Just to confirm, you're shutting off the mavlink output on the M4 right ("mavlink stop-all" on the NSH> console)?

Have you tried changing baud rates?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: Periodic Serial Bridge Connect on Aero2Core to Duovero

glen@jetsoftdev.com
Modified the Init script so mavlink does not even load.

Tried 115200 and 921600 baud. No different. Both fine one way. Many failed packets the other

Glen Wernersbach View my profile on LinkedInView Profile
Innovator and CEO
MotionLABs LLC.
Making the Next Thing Happen Now!
629 Old State Route 74 – Suite 210
<a dir="ltr" href="x-apple-data-detectors://3/0" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="address" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/0">Cincinnati, Oh 45244
<a dir="ltr" href="tel:513-240-9929" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="3/1" style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">513-240-9929