Quantcast

Partitioning internal Flash CPU memory - Gumstix Overo on Linux

Partitioning internal Flash CPU memory - Gumstix Overo on Linux

simonzz
Hi dears,

I have to work with a Gumstix Overo  board and I would like to make two bootable partitions inside the internal DDR RAM and NAND Flash memory (one each) before uploading the kernel image with the SD card.
I hope it is possible.

I never worked with MTD Linux devices and "uboot" tool (but I am not new to Linux) so I am a bit confused about how to do it.

Could you please give me some related information or suggestion?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,

Simon

Re: Partitioning internal Flash CPU memory - Gumstix Overo on Linux

Ash Charles
If you are using Nabble, Nabble forwards the post to the list:

To actually sign up for the mailing list:
--Ash

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 8:06 AM, simonzz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am quiet surprised that my post have not been accepted yet by the mailing
> list service.
> I am already subscribed to the mailing list, so my post should be accepted.
>
> I do not understand why, but I come here every day expecting my that my mail
> will be accepted, I receive mails of replies of other thread, and my thread
> is still not accepted.
>
> I think I will not use this service any more.

Re: Partitioning internal Flash CPU memory - Gumstix Overo on Linux

simonzz
This post was updated on .
Hi Ash,

Thank you for your clarification.

I realized that my claim was a result of a moment of stress.. :(
That' s why I cancelled my reply before your message.

Sorry for it.
Regards,
Simon