Quantcast

PHP sessions and config file

Rob

PHP sessions and config file

Rob
I'm trying to use lighttpd with PHP sessions for CGI (not fast-cgi).  The point is to have a user login to the device before being able to download data or make config changes via its web interface.

Lighttpd is working fine and I think I have its conf file set up properly.  I can't figure out, though, how to tell php what directory to use for the session.save_path configuration setting.  The yocto recipe for PHP does not include a php.ini or php.conf file that would have that data.  The only /etc entry was pear.conf which doesn't seem to have the same kind of data.

Does anyone know if I should write my own /etc/php.ini file from scratch (or /etc/php.conf or ....) or how otherwise this is supposed to work?

Thanks, Rob

Re: PHP sessions and config file

Pettinato, Jim
You can create one from scratch at /etc/php.ini. Somewhere along the way I know this was documented since it was required to set the cgi.fix_pathinfo=1. I assume you could utilize the same mechanism for your save paths.

I'm trying to use lighttpd with PHP sessions for CGI (not fast-cgi).  The point is to have a user login to the device before being able to download data or make config changes via its web interface.

Lighttpd is working fine and I think I have its conf file set up properly.
I can't figure out, though, how to tell php what directory to use for the session.save_path configuration setting.  The yocto recipe for PHP does not include a php.ini or php.conf file that would have that data.  The only /etc entry was pear.conf which doesn't seem to have the same kind of data.

Does anyone know if I should write my own /etc/php.ini file from scratch (or /etc/php.conf or ....) or how otherwise this is supposed to work?

Thanks, Rob

LogMeIn Rescue: Anywhere, Anytime Remote support for IT. Free Trial Remotely access PCs and mobile devices and provide instant support Improve your efficiency, and focus on delivering more value-add services Discover what IT Professionals Know. Rescue delivers http://p.sf.net/sfu/logmein_12329d2d

Rob

Re: PHP sessions and config file

Rob
Thanks for the help.

I did just that - create an /etc/php.ini - but I eventually figured out by using

php-cgi -i

that it wasn't being used.  After a lot of frustration, I used the index.php file of:

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

and found out that php was looking in /usr/lib of all places for the php.ini file.  Putting the php.ini file there got things working.