Quantcast

Overo Fire + e-con systems camera and bootable uSD card + gstreamer: How to make it stream video to a windows system?

Overo Fire + e-con systems camera and bootable uSD card + gstreamer: How to make it stream video to a windows system?

danieltturner
Hello everyone,
  I was finally able to capture video from my e-con systems camera. It
is amazing what happens when you connect the power cable. Before I
received the camera I messed around with gstreamer a fair amount and
was able to stream video from a Linux VM to a windows laptop via a
python script that took the output of gstreamer's filesink
location=/dev/stdout and sent it to a web browser as an HTML5 video.
The source for this was videotestsrc. I was also able to stream video
from the linux VM to itself using nothing but gstreamer. I tried
streaming to the windows laptop at this point but was foiled due to an
incomplete gstreamer install.

Now that I've got the camera working I've tried to use the results of
my gstreamer research to stream the video but it doesn't work. The
python script seems to hang, and while I get the video object created
in windows I never get any video.

I've found a better gstreamer package for windows
(http://ossbuild.googlecode.com/files/GStreamer-WinBuilds-GPL-x86.msi
based on 10.6) and am trying to stream from the overo to windows.

I've been looking at
http://www.stanford.edu/group/arl/blog/posts/2011-09/andrew/h264-rtp-video-streaming
and I get an error "Could not negotiate format"
I've tried many different versions of this command line, and when I
omit the caps I get a "failed to create video encoder: h264enc", which
I assume is caused because I don't have the TI version of gst.

Has anyone been able to stream, without the DSP, from an e-con systems
camera to a windows system using GST? I'm so close but I find GST to
be huge and I'm having a problem getting my head wrapped around it.

I'd like to make this work, regardless of poor performance, cpu usage,
latency, etc before I move on to getting DSP working.

Any help is welcome.

--
-Daniel
KD5UZZ

Re: Overo Fire + e-con systems camera and bootable uSD card + gstreamer: How to make it stream video to a windows system?

Donny3000
Daniel,

Do you need to use GStreamer on the Windows machine to view the stream? VLC or any other open-source/cross-platform video S/W that can decode H.264 video should work just as well.

-Donald

Daniel Turner wrote
[...]

BGU-foxo
In the next GStreamer pipeline I will send video fro gumstix(+econ) to laptop (linux).
this send the stream to the laptop ethernet- RJ45 in port 4000.
and the laptop need to read it.
you can read it with gstreamer like i did.

So now you need to read this video ( in windows)
so you need to configure your card to listen in the right IP addres, and open VLC with the right IP adrress and port...Enjoy :-)

*If you need more help feel free to e-mail me.
also if you are able to do that, please post here the result.

helpfull links :

my video :
http://youtu.be/TUm2cdTL5f8

http://www.oz9aec.net/index.php/gumstix-overo

http://www.jumpnowtek.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:gumstix-dsp-gstreamer&catid=35:gumstix&Itemid=67

     Overo Side:
#-----------------------#
gst-launch v4l2src always-copy=false ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)UYVY,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1' ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=4000

Caps:
caps = application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z0KAHukBQHpCAAAH0AAB1MAIAA\\=\\=\\,aM48gAA\\=\"

    Laptop side:
#-----------------------#
Watch:
gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=4000 caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z0KAHukBQHpCAAAH0AAB1MAIAA\\=\\=\\,aM48gAA\\=\"' ! \ rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink sync=false

Save:
gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=4000 caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z0KAHukBQHpCAAAH0AAB1MAIAA\\=\\=\\,aM48gAA\\=\"' ! \ rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! avimux ! filesink location=sample.h264

Watch & Save:
gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=4000 caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z0KAHukBQHpCAAAH0AAB1MAIAA\\=\\=\\,aM48gAA\\=\"' ! tee name="splitter" ! \ queue ! \ rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink sync=false \ splitter. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! avimux ! filesink location=sample.h264

Watch & Save & bum-buffers:
gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=4000 num-buffers=1000 caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264, sprop-parameter-sets=(string)\"Z0KAHukBQHpCAAAH0AAB1MAIAA\\=\\=\\,aM48gAA\\=\"' ! tee name="splitter" ! \ queue ! \ rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink sync=false \ splitter. ! queue ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! avimux ! filesink location=sample.h264

Re: Overo Fire + e-con systems camera and bootable uSD card + gstreamer: How to make it stream video to a windows system?

btgalush
This is a e-con systems v4l2 driver bug best I can tell.  I have experienced the issue as well.

If you add:
--gst-debug=0

either before or after v4l2src (try both) it should work.
(AKA:
--gst-debug=0 v4l2src
and
v4l2src --gst-debug=0
)

If you change anything in the pipeline, you may have to move the --gst-debug=0 to the other side of v4l2src.  (And I mean anything, like changing the destination IP from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.101)

I'm very aware this sounds absurd, but it has fixed the issue for me.  We are still trying to track down where in the driver code this issue is occurring.

Someone had the same issue here:
http://wiki.oz9aec.net/index.php/Talk:Romit2_VPU