Quantcast

No gumstix-console-image recipe for yocto danny

No gumstix-console-image recipe for yocto danny

quintusfelix
I followed the official instructions from gumstix yocto repo to do a yocto build (dev branch): https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo

Now i want to build the gumstix-console-image with bitbake, but it says:
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gumstix-console-image'.

Et voila, there is no gumstix-console-image.bb in /poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-images/gumstix/. So, how do i build a gumstix-console-image with yocto danny?

Re: No gumstix-console-image recipe for yocto danny

Ash Charles
For the danny branch, images are provided by the meta-gumstix-extras
repository which is included in the repo manifest.  If you are
upgrading from a previous branch, ensure the layer is enabled in your
bblayers.conf or follow the instructions
(https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo/tree/dev)
to do TEMPLATECONF=meta-gumstix-extras/conf source
./poky/oe-init-build-env to grab the appropriate templates.

--Ash

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:49 AM, quintusfelix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I followed the official instructions from gumstix yocto repo to do a yocto
> build (dev branch):  https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo
> <https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo>
>
> Now i want to build the gumstix-console-image with bitbake, but it says:
> *ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gumstix-console-image'*.
>
> Et voila, there is no /gumstix-console-image.bb/ in
> //poky/meta-gumstix/recipes-images/gumstix//. So, how do i build a
> gumstix-console-image with yocto danny?

Re: No gumstix-console-image recipe for yocto danny

quintusfelix
Thanks, works like a charm – on Debian Wheezy 7.0 amd64!