Newbie frustrated with SPI on Overo... Any help is appreciated

Newbie frustrated with SPI on Overo... Any help is appreciated

will2km
Hi list,

I am new to gumstix overo. Currently I am tring to write a loopback test program for SPI ports on summit board.

I am wondering in order to do this, do I have to insert the spidev module to the kernel? Can I use direct memory access to control the ports just like in verdex?

I've followed the steps to patch the source, change the defconfig and rebuild the kernel, but spix.x just doesn't show up in /dev/. But I can see it in /sys/bus/spi/devices.

But during do_package, I got lots of error messages like:
arm-anstrom-linux-gnueabi-objcopy: Unable to recognise the format of the in path/linux-omap3-2..34-r90/package/kernel/scripts/bin2c
arm-anstrom-linux-gnueabi-strip: Unable to recognise the format of the in path/linux-omap3-2..34-r90/package/kernel/scripts/bin2c

Also in the end, I got this message:
"NOTE: teh following files wre installed but not shipped in any package:"
followed by pages of filenames, and /kernel/arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-overo.o is one of them...

Please help, any reply is appreciated.

Regards,

Will