Quantcast

New Verdex fails to boot (RMA step 1)

Robert Dodier
Administrator
Hello,

I believe we have been delivered a faulty device so
I am following the steps for return merchandise authorization:
http://docwiki.gumstix.org/RMA
As stated there the first step is to attempt to resolve the problem
via the mailing list.

A recently delivered Verdex board fails to boot when a power cable and
a serial cable are attached: no serial output is detected by the serial i/o
program (Minicom). Other Verdex boards in the same shipment do boot
successfully, showing messages from the boot loader and then Linux,
which leads me to think that this one board is defective.

If anyone can think of a different way to boot the board, I'm all ears.

regards

Robert Dodier
Infotility, Inc.

Re: New Verdex fails to boot (RMA step 1)

thaGod
I think you're pretty safe RMAing the board if you've tried others the same way to different results. If you felt like you needed to do some troubleshooting you could inline your multimeter and watch the amps to see if they rise and fall with the boot process. You need to trade it out anyways if there's a UART problem. Good form.

Erick

Robert Dodier wrote