Quantcast

McBSP Driver

amarsh
I am trying to update a device driver for use in a newer kernel (3.5 from 3.2). I need mcbsp control functions, but the kernel source has undergone a lot of changes. The files I need were previously located at:

arch/arm/plat-omap/mcbsp.c
arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/mcbsp.h

Since the 3.4 kernel, the mcbsp functions have been moved to:

sound/soc/omap/mcbsp.c
sound/soc/omap/mcbsp.h

The current version of #include <plat/mcbsp.h> doesn't bring in the functions I need. Using #include <sound/mcbsp.h> (which doesn't exist) points to include/sound/mcbsp.h when I really want to be pointing to sound/soc/omap/mcbsp.h

Is there a simple way to include the correct files in their new location with my driver code or do I need to be tweaking a makefile to modify the include directories? Any pointers on the proper way to deal with this change is greatly appreciated.

Re: McBSP Driver

Scott Ellis
Check this thread, the last few posts in particular.

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/serial-data-stream-td4967260.html

Re: McBSP Driver

amarsh
Thanks Scott. Sounds like I will be sticking with the 3.2 kernel.