Maker Faire

Darren Gibbs
For Bay Area locals: a brief plug for the Maker Faire this weekend in
San Mateo:

http://www.makerfaire.com/

"A two-day, family-friendly event that celebrates arts, crafts,
engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset.
It's for creative, resourceful folks who like to tinker and love to
make things. We call them Makers."

Re: Maker Faire

William Moore-4
On 5/19/07, Darren Gibbs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> For Bay Area locals: a brief plug for the Maker Faire this weekend in
> San Mateo:
>
> http://www.makerfaire.com/
>
> "A two-day, family-friendly event that celebrates arts, crafts,
> engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset.
> It's for creative, resourceful folks who like to tinker and love to
> make things. We call them Makers."

Makers are hackers extended (not strictly relocated) to the physical
world.  I wish I could go....  If anyone in the HSV, AL area is
interested in this kind of thing, let me know.