Javax.comm

Matteo Ceriotti
Hi all,
I'm considering gumstix to connect a wireless sensor network to a
database. I already developed a java application that writes to a
database; it uses the Serial Forwarder as provided by TinyOS. The
application is based on the Javax.comm package. Does gumstix support
it without any change required to my application?

Thanks.
Matteo Ceriotti

Re: Javax.comm

Robert Dodier
Administrator
Matteo Ceriotti wrote
I'm considering gumstix to connect a wireless sensor network to a
database. I already developed a java application that writes to a
database; it uses the Serial Forwarder as provided by TinyOS. The
application is based on the Javax.comm package. Does gumstix support
it without any change required to my application?
Matteo, there are at least 2 different Java implementations which you
might be running on Gumstix. The Gumstix buildroot includes JamVM +
Classpath. From inspecting the Classpath source code, it appears that
it does not contain the javax.comm package. You might have to follow
up on the Classpath mailing list about that. Aside from JamVM +
Classpath, you might be running a J2ME port. I don't know if those
contain javax.comm.

Sorry I can't be more helpful,

Robert Dodier