Quantcast

Java with Yocto

quintusfelix
How do i add oracle-java or openjdk7 to the gumstix-console-image? I need a java-headless runtime environment for a project.
I found this two git repos with some but not enough instrcutions:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-oracle-java/
https://github.com/woglinde/meta-java

Re: Java with Yocto

Chris Whittenburg
On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM, quintusfelix <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do i add oracle-java or openjdk7 to the gumstix-console-image? I need a
> java-headless runtime environment for a project.
> I found this two git repos with some but not enough instrcutions:
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-oracle-java/
> <http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-oracle-java/>
> https://github.com/woglinde/meta-java
> <https://github.com/woglinde/meta-java>

This worked for me...

cd ~/poky
git clone -b master git://github.com/woglinde/meta-java.git

Add meta-java to your bblayers.conf file.

Add these lines to your local.conf file:
  # Java preferences.  Could also be in distro config.
  PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-native = "jamvm-native"
  PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/javac-native = "ecj-bootstrap-native"
  PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-7-jre = "03b21-2.1.8"
  PREFERRED_VERSION_icedtea7-native = "2.1.3"
  PREFERRED_PROVIDER_openjdk-7-jre = "openjdk-7-jre"

Then you should be able to bitbake openjdk-7-jre or add it to your image recipe.

Regards,
Chris

Re: Java with Yocto

quintusfelix
Hi Chris!

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately it didn't work for me:

and

/var/yocto/build/tmp/work/i686-linux/icedtea7-native-2.1.3-r1.0/icedtea-2.1.3/build/openjdk-boot/jdk/make/sun/headless/../../../src/solaris/native/sun/awt/awt_MToolkit.c:77: undefined reference to `jvm'

and a couple of times

libjvm.so => not found

I just followed the instructions from Gumstix https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo and then added the meta-java-layer as you did. Any suggestions?

Regards,
quintusfelix

Re: Java with Yocto

emb-mos
could you please send me procedure to follow as to integrate java on yocto?

Re: Java with Yocto

sankar.lp.gym

Can know a URL where i can get a step by step instruction how to integrate the Java with Yocto?

Java Training in Chennai