Quantcast

Is Gumstix on holiday ?

srinath
Hi

We haven't got replies from anyone in Gumstix since Monday. I also see that no news group queries have been answered by anyone from gumstix.

Is everything alright with Gumstix corp?

Whom do we contact for replacements, warranties etc?

Regards
Srinath

Re: Is Gumstix on holiday ?

ashcharles
Nope...not on holiday (although our folks in Canada were off on Monday
for Thanksgiving)....just busy making cool boards!
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 4:24 AM, Srinath M <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We haven't got replies from anyone in Gumstix since Monday. I also see that
> no news group queries have been answered by anyone from gumstix.
A number of people internally watch the mailing list and participate
on a regular basis.  On a personal note, I recognize (and am humbled
by) the knowledge that a) I'm frequently not the best person to answer
many questions (I'll answer what I can but so many others in the
community know way more than I do) and b) this mailing list is a
community institution not just a marketing channel for a company.

> Is everything alright with Gumstix corp?
If busy is a good sign then definitely :)

> Whom do we contact for replacements, warranties etc?
As per RMA instructions
(https://www.gumstix.com/warranty-coverage-via-rma/),
[hidden email] handles warranty claims.  You should get an
immediate 'we-got-your-message' reply and a response within a day or
so.  Some requests need to be double-checked or tested so that can
take a bit longer but you should still get a 'we're working on it'
email.

--Ash

Re: Is Gumstix on holiday ?

thinair89
I actually contacted them like seven days ago and only get the auto-reply, which is really annoying, since I got a new Overo Fire and the SD card slot just can't hold SD card anymore. I found this was a known issue so I expected to get it replaced.