Quantcast

Irda support

Mark Barton-2
Hello All,

I have a potential application that requires an IRDA interface.  Does
anyone know if IRDA is supported in gumstix-oe for the Verdex module.?
If so, what is needed to enabled the drivers?

Thanks for the help
Mark

Re: Irda support

Steve Sakoman
Mark,

IRDA is not currently enabled in gumstix-oe.

It would require enabling the irda modules in the kernel build and
adding irda-utils to your image.  I'll add this to my todo list but it
might take a week or so before I can get to it.

Steve

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Mark Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>  I have a potential application that requires an IRDA interface.  Does
>  anyone know if IRDA is supported in gumstix-oe for the Verdex module.?
>  If so, what is needed to enabled the drivers?
>
>  Thanks for the help
>  Mark

Re: Irda support

Mark Barton-2
Steve
No need to rush this one. I am still in the requirements definition and
not even sure the level of irda support needed.. For now I am more
interested in making sure there isn't a problem running on the verdex
hardware.

Thanks for the quick response.
Mark

Steve Sakoman wrote:

> Mark,
>
> IRDA is not currently enabled in gumstix-oe.
>
> It would require enabling the irda modules in the kernel build and
> adding irda-utils to your image.  I'll add this to my todo list but it
> might take a week or so before I can get to it.
>
> Steve
>
> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Mark Barton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>
>>  I have a potential application that requires an IRDA interface.  Does
>>  anyone know if IRDA is supported in gumstix-oe for the Verdex module.?
>>  If so, what is needed to enabled the drivers?
>>
>>  Thanks for the help
>>  Mark

Re: Irda support

bhamadicharef
Hi

Is IrDA supported using the sakoman GNOME R13  ?

Any hardware to add to the Gumstix / or Chestnut / Tobi ?

Brahim