Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

rmartimo
Hi,

I have a Daisy distribution (1.6) and I would like install a web server with PHP support.
When I try to find the package with smart, it doesn't get any result:

root@overo:~$  smart search lighttpd
Updating cache...               ######################################## [100%]

This is my smart configuration:

root@overo:~$  smart channel --show
[daisy-all]
type = rpm-md
priority = 25

[daisy-arm]
type = rpm-md
priority = 20

[daisy-overo]
type = rpm-md
priority = 15

I have found the recipe in Openembedded repository [1]... I could bitbake it, but I don't know how... do I have to start bitbaking an image [2] and afterwards add somehow the recipe... please, help!

Does anybody have experience with this?
What about to add PHP support?

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

rmartimo
Hi,

Any idea on this? Thank you...

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

simo
You can compile the packages through Yocto and using the .

I am not sure in which layer it is but using gumstix-meta layers:

https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix
https://github.com/gumstix/meta-gumstix-extras

I installed it successfully.

Simon

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

rmartimo
Thank you Simon,

But I don't know how to bitbake that recipies, how do I include those layers in my yocto project?
Can you please tell me how?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

simo
You have to download Yocto and extract its tarball in some directory.

Yocto download page
https://www.yoctoproject.org/downloads

I use the fido version.

Into the directory of your yocto you have to extract the zip files that
you must download from the links I attached you.

For example this is the content of my yocto dir:

:~/yocto/pokyfido$ ls | sort
bitbake
build
documentation
LICENSE
meta
meta-gumstix-extras
meta-gumstix-extras-fido
meta-gumstix-fido
meta-openembedded.git
meta-selftest
meta-skeleton
meta-yocto
meta-yocto-bsp
oe-init-build-env
oe-init-build-env-memres
README
README.hardware
scripts

Note that

meta-gumstix-extras
meta-gumstix-extras-fido

are the dirs from the zip files mentioned earlier.

Then execute

source oe-init-build-env

and then

hob.

For yocto usage see the user manual from web site.

Regards,
Simon

El mié, 27-01-2016 a las 01:51 -0800, rmartimo escribió:

> Thank you Simon,
>
> But I don't know how to bitbake that recipies, how do I include those layers
> in my yocto project?
> Can you please tell me how?
>

> Thanks in advance.

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

rmartimo
Hi,

I just run the command 'bitbake lighttpd' and it worked, I think, but I don't know where is the pakage generated...

I see a lot of rpm files in the directory 'build/tmp/deploy/rpm/cortexa8hf_vfp_neon', but not sure whether is the right directory neither the file... there are a lot of 'lighttpd' related files...

Any help?
Thanks.

Re: Install lighttpd on Overo (Daisy 1.6)

Akram Hameed
Hi Ricardo,

As mentioned above, you need to read the Yocto documentation to understand which package is most useful for you.

To give you a small shortcut, you will probably just want the package named 'lighttpd_version.rpm' Where version is replaced with whatever version string is there. The dev package will be header files for development, and other so files perhaps, the dbg package will be symbols (if generated), and doc package is what it sounds like.

You can copy the RPM to your system and install it directly, but beware: it may require other packages in that deploy directory. If so, it will complain and tell you it needs another file.

The easiest way to manage this is to set up a small webserver on your build system. Get it to share out the package deploy directories. Then, add these as smart channels.

Information on doing this sort of thing is available in the yocto docs and via a quick google, I suggest you get reading!

Cheers,

Akram