Quantcast

Illegal Instruction (classpath / jamvm?)

Illegal Instruction (classpath / jamvm?)

Wael Chatila-3
Anyone got an "Illegal Instruction" running java programs accessing
ports on verdex ?

Im using classpath 0.90 and jamvm 1.4.2, rev 1426.

-W

Re: Illegal Instruction (classpath / jamvm?)

RobbyD
Yes I have exactly the same error on revision 1559.

I assume the method to fix it is to update the classpath but I'm not sure how to start.

Rob

Wael Chatila-3 wrote
Anyone got an "Illegal Instruction" running java programs accessing
ports on verdex ?

Im using classpath 0.90 and jamvm 1.4.2, rev 1426.

-W

Re: Illegal Instruction (classpath / jamvm?)

Robert Dodier
Administrator
RobbyD wrote
Yes I have exactly the same error on revision 1559.

I assume the method to fix it is to update the classpath but I'm not sure how to start.
Wael Chatila-3 wrote
Anyone got an "Illegal Instruction" running java programs accessing
ports on verdex ?

Im using classpath 0.90 and jamvm 1.4.2, rev 1426.
I recommend pretty strongly to use the most recent versions of Classpath
and JamVM (0.96.1 and 1.5.0, respectively). I tried lots of combinations
of earlier versions and in most or all cases there was some kind of error
either in compiling or at run-time.

You can set the Classpath and JamVM versions by editing the
classpath.mk and jamvm.mk files (I forget where they are).
I have gotten better results by compiling the buildroot without
Classpath or JamVM, then enabling Classpath and JamVM via
make menuconfig, and then compiling again.

HTH

Robert Dodier

Re: Illegal Instruction (classpath / jamvm?)

Gerhard H.
I had the same problem on revision 1604 on gumstix buildroot system. I solved it switching to openEmbedded (see also http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-java-on-the-gumstix-p24422497.html ).

So this would also be an option if sombody don't like to change configuration files and would like to use it out of the box.

But there I was running into another problem which I couldn't solve till now (see
http://www.nabble.com/java-%28jamvm%2Bclasspath%29%3A-DatagramSocket.close-does-not-work-td24393043.html )
So maybe it is not running 100% in all details out of the box right now  ...

cheers
Gerhard

<quote author="Robert Dodier">
RobbyD wrote