How to get a core dump from a segfaulting program

How to get a core dump from a segfaulting program

Rasmus Kjeldsen
Hi all

How do you turn on core dumps on the Verdex?

Regards
Rasmus

Re: How to get a core dump from a segfaulting program

Dave Hylands
Hi Rasmus,

> How do you turn on core dumps on the Verdex?

I seem to recall that it's a kernel configuration option.

--
Dave Hylands
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: How to get a core dump from a segfaulting program

Robert Dodier
Administrator
Rasmus Kjeldsen wrote
How do you turn on core dumps on the Verdex?
Aside from looking at core dumps, maybe gdb is useful to you.
I have used the gdb client-server setup (running server on Gumstix and
inspecting stuff via client part on development host) and it worked OK.

HTH

Robert Dodier