Quantcast

Hotplug SD card

Patrick Maheral (DWI - CA/Ottawa)
I would like to use an SD card on an Overo as removable storage.  To this end, I have succeeded with the following (ugly kludge of a) procedure:

0. Install a kernel with omap_hsmmc and mmc_block drivers as modules.
1. Insert SD card.
2. Load modules (modprobe omap_hsmmc ; modprobe mmc_block)
3. Mount block device in filesystem (eg. mount /dev/mmcblock0p1 /media/sdhc)
4. Use the card.
5. Unmount the card (eg. umount /media/sdhc)
6. Unload the modules (modprobe -r omap_hsmmc mmc_block)
7. Remove card.
8. Goto step 1.

The problem with the above hack is that removing the omap_hsmmc module disconnects all devices connected to the MMC buses (i.e. SD card and WiFi I think).  Currently, I'm not using WiFi, but I may need it in the near future.

I'd like to know if there is a way to disable just the mmc0 bus instead of all mmc buses.  I've tried messing around with the /sys filesystem, but I haven't found a way to cause the omap_hsmmc module to re-probe the mmc0 bus without removing and inserting the driver.

Patrick

Re: Hotplug SD card

JamesAng
Hi Patrick & all,

Patrick Maheral (DWI - CA/Ottawa) wrote
[...]

Do you have solution to this problem?

I'm using Kernel v3.0.0 and also wish to have the SD card slot make available as a hotplug-able, removeable storage.

Many thanks in adv.

James Ang.