Quantcast

[Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

[Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

kfcandroid
Hello guys,

I just got an Overo Fire with Chesnut 43 board recently.
As a newbie to Gumstix, there's one question really confused me a lot:
how can I actually find and / or replace the Wi-Fi driver?
Is there any way or tool I can use to read how it was composed?

The reason I am asking is because I want to do some research on
how the driver (especially Wi-Fi) is composed on Gumstix.

Any hint or any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot :D

Re: [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

John Reynolds-11
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

On 04/17/2012 06:58 AM, John Reynolds wrote:

Fuck!

Really?

On Apr 17, 2012 1:36 AM, "kfcandroid" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys,

I just got an Overo Fire with Chesnut 43 board recently.
As a newbie to Gumstix, there's one question really confused me a lot:
how can I actually find and / or replace the Wi-Fi driver?
Is there any way or tool I can use to read how it was composed?

The reason I am asking is because I want to do some research on
how the driver (especially Wi-Fi) is composed on Gumstix.

Any hint or any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot :D

Look at the source code for the driver? Would that not give the information you want to study?

interesting...

On 04/17/2012 11:17 AM, kfcandroid wrote:

> interesting...

?? OK did that not answer your question? If you want to examine who and
why the wifi driver does what, source code of that driver would be the
place to look, at least to me that is where I would start.

Re: [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

kfcandroid
No offense, j
the reason i mentioned interesting is about John's reply.

Thanks for your info, it definitely gave me a direction to look into.
Would you be so kind to point out  where to find the WiFi driver?
since that's the thing I really have no idea so I posted here and expecting some hint or help :P
Also, have you heard something about the datasheet of the WiFi device?
or to be specific, where I can find them.

Really appreciate for your reply

Re: [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

kfcandroid
Anyone knows where I can find the source code of the WiFi device?
Model Number Marvell 88w8686
I was able to find the data sheet, but not the source code.

2012年4月17日11:17 kfcandroid [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]>:
interesting...

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Help-Newbie-Any-way-to-obtain-Wi-Fi-driver-tp4889323p4891355.html
To unsubscribe from [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?, click here.

Best,
James

Re: [Help] Newbie: Any way to obtain Wi-Fi driver?

kfcandroid
much appreciated, j
will dig into those website you gave me :P