Header files not in path

bras0463
I'm new to gumstix and I'm trying to set up a dev environment on my Overo Fire. I've got the latest image and I ran:

opkg update
opkg install task-native-sdk
opkg install kernel-headers

When I try to compile my source files I get the following error:

In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36,
                             from i2c_process.c:14:
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25:26: error: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory

I get the same error for ioctl.h and socket.h. If I do a search for the header file with:

find / -name errno.h

I get:

/usr/src/linux-3.0.0/include/asm/errno.h
/usr/src/linux-3.0.0/include/linux/errno.h
/usr/src/linux-3.0.0/include/asm-generic/errno.h
/usr/include/sys/errno.h
/usr/include/bits/errno.h
/usr/include/errno.h

Running:
opkg search /linux/errno.h

Doesn't find anything. What can I do to resolve this error?

Thanks.

Re: Header files not in path

Scott Ellis
From a running gumstix

root@firefly:~# opkg search /usr/include/linux/errno.h
linux-libc-headers-dev - 2.6.31-r6.6

Re: Header files not in path

bras0463
I can't seem to download that package:

root@overo:~# opkg update
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/base.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/debug/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/debug/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/debug.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/gstreamer/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/gstreamer/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/gstreamer.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/all/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/all/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/no-arch.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/machine/overo/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/machine/overo/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/overo.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/perl/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/perl/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/perl.
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/python/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/python/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/python.
root@overo:~# opkg install linux-libc-headers-dev
Installing linux-libc-headers-dev (2.6.31-r6.6) to root...
Downloading http://www.gumstix.net/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/linux-libc-headers-dev_2.6.31-r6.6_armv7a.ipk.
Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package linux-libc-headers-dev md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package linux-libc-headers-dev.
root@overo:~#

Re: Header files not in path

Scott Ellis
I built the packages into the rootfs. I didn't use opkg.

You could download this directly

http://cumulus.gumstix.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/base/linux-libc-headers-dev_2.6.31-r6.6_armv7a.ipk

And then try a manual opkg install directly on the .ipk

Just a suggestion though.

I didn't try to investigate where the checksum error you got is coming from.

Could be base/Packages.gz, the *.ipk, or a true download error.

Re: Header files not in path

bras0463
Thanks very much. That fixed it.