Gumstix questions before i place a order

Gumstix questions before i place a order

Fredrick Vamstad
Hello, i want to order 3 configurations of Gumstix. I would like to go trough
the order details to verify with you at Gumstix that the configuration i have set up is both compatible with the expansions boards, that
all the required accessories are in the order to get started etc.

The 3 configurations are targeted for 3 different platform purposes.
I will put accessories at the end of the mail.

First configuration:

Main board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=228
IO board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=230

We will fit this expansion camera to this configuration:
http://www.e-consystems.com/5MP_camera_gstix.asp

Would also like to have two (or more)  USB ports for this system, one
of our partners uses a 3rd party USB hub(+5 volt) to solve this, are there any
expansions boards or you offer?

Second configuration:

Main board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=264
2x Ethernet board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=241
IO board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id

This configuration requires 2 Ethernet ports  which is covered by the listed expansion board above,
it also requires 4 free USB ports, so same question\solution as to the first configuration.

Third configuration:

Main board: https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=264
or
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=267

This configuration requires two or more USB ports, but most importantly support
3.5 mm audio jack for microphone (which should be OK from what i read i its spec)

It requires real time audio encoding, so i have listed two base boards for whatever you suggest
are the most powerful

Will also re-use the IO board from one of the two configurations above.

For accessories:

3x USB Cable (mini-B to standard-A)
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=67

1x 70-pin AVX Connectors (10 pk)
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=218

2x 5V EU Power Adapter
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=152

1x Retaining spacers (50pk)
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=238

3x 8GB MicroSD Memory Card
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=245
Can the platform support more than 8 gb?, if so we want to order whatever the max capacity via
3rd party vendor

2x HDMI to DVI cable
https://www.gumstix.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=222

Please let me know if there is any accessories that i have forgotten, or if there is anything that is not needed to get
those 3 configurations up and running.

Will also re-use the power adapter so we only need two.

One final question, do you offer any lightweight battery solution or is the most common solution to build our own?

Thank you

Fredrick
--
Fredrick Vamstad[hidden email]
Software Engineer

Re: Gumstix questions before i place a order

Steven
I believe the expansion boards you listed do not support unamplified
microphones.  See http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=AudioIn