Quantcast

Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay

Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay
i try to install yocto desktop image but nothing happen to my lcd screen.I have already set default display to lcd43. I want to ask for palmtop image that fit for my gumstix and if there is no palmtop image now what should i do for my gumstix. i cannot boot up my system with GUI now.
Thank you.

Re: Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

adam.yh.lee
Hi นภดล พุ่มจุ่น!
Can you try to bitbake core-image-sato? This is a palmtop image maintained by Yocto Project. You can find more information in the reference guide.

Let me know!

Adam

Nay

Re: Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay
Oh sorry that i check my email so late.thank you for your advice.And u mean i have to bitbake image by myself right.there's no complete image for download right. bcause of im newbie and i have to try to study about bitbake but all in all i'm so thank you for you.i will try to do it ASAP and i will let you know the result.

Thank you
Nay

2014-01-25 Adam Lee <[hidden email]>

Nay

Re: Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay
Hello,Adam
i try to bitbake core-image sato and i have wonder in something such "By default, the target architecture for the build is qemux86, which produces an image that can be used in the QEMU emulator and is targeted at an Intel® 32-bit based architecture. To change this default, edit the value of the MACHINE variable in the configuration file before launching the build."
the machine value means my desktop computer achitecture or my gumstix(arm)

And
WARNING: Duplicate inclusion for /home/nay/Desktop/Poky/poky-dora-10.0.1/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-common.inc in /home/nay/Desktop/Poky/poky-dora-10.0.1/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-initial.inc

what does it mean? I'm so scared it will break.

Thank You Sir
Nay

2014-01-27 นภดล พุ่มจุ่น <[hidden email]>
[...]

Nay, please take a look at https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo
It will set you up with Yocto build environment to build images for Gumstix COMs on your workstation.
To build a sato image, instead of doing 'bitbake gumstix-console-image', do 'bitbake core-image-sato'

Let me know!

Adam

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:11 AM, Nay [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Gumstix-overo-fire-with-chestnut-problem-tp4968603p4968629.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.
NAML

Nay

Re: Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay
Oh so thank you sir i will try to do it and will tell you about the result.
thank you again you help me alot and sorry for my low brain.

Thank you
Nay

Nay

Re: Gumstix overo fire with chestnut problem

Nay
Hello Adam
I followed  https://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo. and I stuck on something.

the command that i did :
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop$ curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > repo
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop$ chmod a+x repo
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop$ sudo mv repo /usr/local/bin/

nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop$ mkdir yocto
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop$ cd yocto
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop/yocto$
nay@Nay-PC:~/Desktop/yocto$ repo init -u git://github.com/gumstix/Gumstix-YoctoProject-Repo.git

and i got result :

repo 1.12.13

gpg: WARNING: unsafe ownership on homedir `/home/nay/.repoconfig/gnupg'
gpg: failed to create temporary file `/home/nay/.repoconfig/gnupg/.#lk0x9b3f920.Nay-PC.4164': Permission denied
gpg: keyblock resource `/home/nay/.repoconfig/gnupg/pubring.gpg': general error
gpg: Signature made Fri 31 Jan 2014 07:23:32 AM ICT using RSA key ID 692B382C
error: could not verify the tag 'v1.12.13'

So confuse now.
I try to do everything as root everything seem to be good but i cannot use
bitbake -k core-image-sato
command i got the result like

### Shell environment set up for builds. ###

You can now run 'bitbake <target>'

root@Nay-PC:~/Desktop/yocto/poky/build# bitbake -k core-image-sato
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the main build
ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
    Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Do not use Bitbake as root.
ERROR: Execution of event handler 'check_sanity_eventhandler' failed

i really don't know what happen to me.I really need your help i don't know how to do next.I have try to use sudo but i will stuck when i try to use
TEMPLATECONF=meta-gumstix-extras/conf source ./poky/oe-init-build-env

My terminal will show "sudo: source: command not found" so that's why i try to log in as root.

Help me please
So Thank you
Nay