Quantcast

Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

tuds47
Hi
I am truely sorry if this is a repost. I created a topic before I was approved on the mail list, and I get a message that "This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.", and I am usure if other than me can see it...

Original post:
Hi
I have a gumstix overo attached to a robovero. I have finally been able to get the robovero to perform as expected (came with no firmware), but I am not able to get the gumstix to boot. The problem is that nothing is printes on the /dev/ttyUSB ports from the robovero at all. I have created a booteable SD card, but even if I remove the card I have the same result, nothing on the console port (I think I read that the gumstix would boot from nand when no SD is inserted).
On the gumstix a single green led is turning on when power is turned on and nothing else is happening on the gumstix. On the robovero a green led is on (USB attached) a red led is flashing (robovero activity) and a blue led (overo GPIO22) is almost turned off, but a little light can be seen (probably a three state port on the overo).
Does anybode have a suggestion on how I can debug this?... it is probably some tiny thing that I have forgotten or not read carefully enough...
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Thorbjørn

Re: Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

tuds47
Hi
Just some additional information. The power converter on the Overo gets very hot (above 70 degreec celcius, measures with ir temp), hence I think it is a hardware malfunction and will probably go for an RMA, unless someone has recovered from something similar?

Best regards
Thorbjørn

Re: Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

Neil MacMunn
Hello Thorbjørn,

How are you powering your RoboVero?

-
Neil

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:04 AM, tuds47 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> Just some additional information. The power converter on the Overo gets very
> hot (above 70 degreec celcius, measures with ir temp), hence I think it is a
> hardware malfunction and will probably go for an RMA, unless someone has
> recovered from something similar?
>
> Best regards
> Thorbjørn

Re: Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

tuds47
Hi
I have powered it with a 5v socket adapter on the pinhole connecter, but have also tried a powersupply on the battery connection, with the same result. I have no problem communicating with the robovero, hence I expected the power feeding to be ok.

Best regards
Thorbjørn

Re: Gumstix on robovero not booting at all (second try...)

tuds47
Hi
We have ordered a new Overo and it is working with no problems, hence the other Overo was dead on arriaval and will be returned.

Best regards
Thorbjørn