Gumstix Website U-boot doesn't match console image fw_printenv

Gumstix Website U-boot doesn't match console image fw_printenv

Ron Greer
For Overo series COMs, there's a mismatch between the website's u-boot and the console image's fw_printenv/fw_setenv.

Where can I get the correct fw_printenv and fw_setenv that goes with that version of U-boot?

Ron

Re: Gumstix Website U-boot doesn't match console image fw_printenv

Ron Greer
Ok, so it looks more like that the fw_printenv's ECC doesn't match U-boot's.
I've seen a few postings about this, but nothing that's resolved it.

I'm using U-Boot 2015.07, and the NAND partition is saved as "nandecc sw bch8"
What does that mean my u-boot's CONFIG_NAND_OMAP_ECCSCHEME needs to be set to?

Is there anything extra I might need to make sure I have enabled in my kernel to support this?

Thanks,
Ron

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 8:56 AM Ron Greer <[hidden email]> wrote:
For Overo series COMs, there's a mismatch between the website's u-boot and the console image's fw_printenv/fw_setenv.

Where can I get the correct fw_printenv and fw_setenv that goes with that version of U-boot?

Ron

Re: Gumstix Website U-boot doesn't match console image fw_printenv

Ash Charles
Hi Ron,

I just tried setting a variable in Linux like this: 'fw_setenv hello
world'.  I then rebooted into uboot and did 'print hello' getting
'world' as the output.  Booting to Linux and then doing a 'fw_printenv
hello' also gave 'world'.

This is using a u-boot 2015.07 with ECC as bch8.

--Ash

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Ron Greer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, so it looks more like that the fw_printenv's ECC doesn't match U-boot's.
> I've seen a few postings about this, but nothing that's resolved it.
>
> I'm using U-Boot 2015.07, and the NAND partition is saved as "nandecc sw
> bch8"
> What does that mean my u-boot's CONFIG_NAND_OMAP_ECCSCHEME needs to be set
> to?
>
> Is there anything extra I might need to make sure I have enabled in my
> kernel to support this?
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
>
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 8:56 AM Ron Greer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> For Overo series COMs, there's a mismatch between the website's u-boot and
>> the console image's fw_printenv/fw_setenv.
>>
>> Where can I get the correct fw_printenv and fw_setenv that goes with that
>> version of U-boot?
>> https://www.gumstix.com/software/software-downloads/
>>
>> Ron

Re: Gumstix Website U-boot doesn't match console image fw_printenv

Ron Greer
Thanks for the reply.
I'll do some more testing and report my results.

Ron