Quantcast

Gumstix SPI Questions

!Papillon
Hi All,

I am a new user of gumstix and am trying to connect it via SPI with a MSP430, with gumstix as master and the MSP as slave. I read one of your threads about SPI and I was wondering if the code in

http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Sample_code/C/SPI for PXA270 would be enough for this communication.

If yes are is it correct this configuration of the pins:

11 AF2 in set
13 AF1 out clear
14 AF2 out set
19 AF1 out clear

Besides do I need to program anything at the slave so it recongises the master to send and receive data? I have never programmed SPI before and am not quite sure where to start from.

I would really appreciate suggestions!

P.S. Does anyone know any good book I could read about programing SPI and Microprocessors. I know in theory how SPI works but I don't understand quite well how should i do the programming.

Re: Gumstix SPI Questions

Mannissa Chang
Hi there,

I haven't dealt with SPI enough yet to answer your questions
specifically, but this like may be a start for you:
http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/SPI

!Papillon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a new user of gumstix and am trying to connect it via SPI with a
> MSP430, with gumstix as master and the MSP as slave. I read one of your
> threads about SPI and I was wondering if the code in
>
> http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Sample_code/C/SPI for PXA270 would be enough for
> this communication.
>
> If yes are is it correct this configuration of the pins:
>
> 11 AF2 in set
> 13 AF1 out clear
> 14 AF2 out set
> 19 AF1 out clear
>
> Besides do I need to program anything at the slave so it recongises the
> master to send and receive data? I have never programmed SPI before and am
> not quite sure where to start from.
>
> I would really appreciate suggestions!
>
> P.S. Does anyone know any good book I could read about programing SPI and
> Microprocessors. I know in theory how SPI works but I don't understand quite
> well how should i do the programming.

Re: Gumstix SPI Questions

!Papillon
Hello Manissa,

thanks for your answer.
Mannissa Chang wrote

!Papillon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a new user of gumstix and am trying to connect it via SPI with a
> MSP430, with gumstix as master and the MSP as slave. I read one of your
> threads about SPI and I was wondering if the code in
>
> http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Sample_code/C/SPI for PXA270 would be enough for
> this communication.
>
> If yes are is it correct this configuration of the pins:
>
> 11 AF2 in set
> 13 AF1 out clear
> 14 AF2 out set
> 19 AF1 out clear
>
> Besides do I need to program anything at the slave so it recongises the
> master to send and receive data? I have never programmed SPI before and am
> not quite sure where to start from.
>
> I would really appreciate suggestions!
>
> P.S. Does anyone know any good book I could read about programing SPI and
> Microprocessors. I know in theory how SPI works but I don't understand quite
> well how should i do the programming.

Re: Gumstix SPI Questions

stone8936

I have the similar target as yours.
Have you successfully connected them up via SPI?

Thank you!
Zhaohan Jia