Gumstix Overo -

Gumstix mailing list
Hello,
please bear with me as I'm new to embedded linux.
I'm working on a project with the Gumstix Overo. After I partitioned the SD
card, I was able to boot Yocto (latest image from Gumstix.com (software
support section). However, it seems like ethernet port is not functioning at
all. I've tried doing ifconfig and they were all inactive. I've searched for
solutions on google, gumstix website, gumstix developers page(which seems to
be inactive), youtube for days and still could not figure out what the
problem is. Some of the forum suggested uncommenting
*/etc/network/interfaces* to enable eth0,But my /etc/network/ directory did
not have a */interfaces* at all...

I'm wondering if something went wrong while I was flashing the SD card.
Please help, I'm desperate and cannot sleep.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Gumstix Overo -

Gumstix mailing list
Make sure the COM is securely seated on the expansion board.

I have encountered this before.

"General mailing list for gumstix users." <[hidden email]> said:

> Hello,
> please bear with me as I'm new to embedded linux.
> I'm working on a project with the Gumstix Overo. After I partitioned the SD
> card, I was able to boot Yocto (latest image from Gumstix.com (software
> support section). However, it seems like ethernet port is not functioning at
> all. I've tried doing ifconfig and they were all inactive. I've searched for
> solutions on google, gumstix website, gumstix developers page(which seems to
> be inactive), youtube for days and still could not figure out what the
> problem is. Some of the forum suggested uncommenting
> */etc/network/interfaces* to enable eth0,But my /etc/network/ directory did
> not have a */interfaces* at all...
>
> I'm wondering if something went wrong while I was flashing the SD card.
> Please help, I'm desperate and cannot sleep.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Re: Gumstix Overo -

Gumstix mailing list
Hi,

What expansion board are you using?  Can you please be specific on where
exactly (what image) you're using on your SD card?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: Gumstix Overo -

Andrew C. Smith