Quantcast

Gumstix BSP Layer Updated

adam
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone,

The Gumstix BSP Layer released last year was developed on the Yocto Project 1.2 (named Denzil). Since then the Yocto Project has been updated to version 1.3 (Danny). This latest Yocto Project has a numerous improvements in both performance and development experience. Feel free to take a look at the release note . And now the Gumstix BSP Layer is Danny compatible. You can set up your build environment by checking out the development branch of Gumstix Yocto Project Repo . The master branch will remain on Denzil for the next couple weeks to give everyone a transition period. So unless there is a compelling reason to stay on Denzil, all Gumstix developers should start migrating to Danny as soon as possible. Gumstix will announce on this mailing list one more time before we switch the master branch to Danny.

Additionally and equally importantly, the new Gumstix BSP layer has been divided into two parts with the Danny update: Meta-Gumstix and Meta-Gumstix-Extras.
The Meta-Gumstix layer contains the minimal number of components to boot a Gumstix COM: the Linux Kernel and the boot loaders along with other key board-specific components. Meta-Gumstix has two branches. The master branch is the original, Denzil based layer. The dev branch is the minimal BSP layer that could be complemented by the Meta-Gumstix-Extras layer. The Meta-Gumstix-Extras layer adds user-space components and tools that compose the console and desktop images.

Gumstix Yocto Project Repo branches:
master  - denzil (meta-gumstix master)
dev - danny  (meta-gumstix danny and meta-gumstix-extras danny)

And as always, feedbacks are welcome :)

- Adam

Re: Gumstix BSP Layer Updated

adam
Hello everyone!

Like it was announced a couple weeks ago in this mailing-list, the dev branch of the Gumstix BSP Layers (meta-gumstix and meta-gumstix-extras) will be merged to the master branch tomorrow. In other words, the master branch will  be on Yocto Project 1.3 (Danny). This will pave the way for Yocto Project 1.4 (Dylan) development on the dev branch.

Regards,

Adam

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 2:34 PM, adam [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/Gumstix-BSP-Layer-Updated-tp4966998.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix, click here.

Re: Gumstix BSP Layer Updated

Trevor Woerner-6
Adam,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM, adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Like it was announced a couple weeks ago in this mailing-list, the dev
> branch of the Gumstix BSP Layers (meta-gumstix and meta-gumstix-extras) will
> be merged to the master branch tomorrow.

The official Yocto layer index doesn't list meta-gumstix-extras, can
you get it added?
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/

Re: Gumstix BSP Layer Updated

adam
Hi Trevor, sorry that was my oversight. I submitted it 1 minute ago.

Thanks!

Adam

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Trevor Woerner-6 [via Gumstix] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Adam,

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:18 PM, adam <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Like it was announced a couple weeks ago in this mailing-list, the dev
> branch of the Gumstix BSP Layers (meta-gumstix and meta-gumstix-extras) will
> be merged to the master branch tomorrow.

The official Yocto layer index doesn't list meta-gumstix-extras, can
you get it added?
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Gumstix-BSP-Layer-Updated-tp4966998p4967296.html
To start a new topic under Gumstix, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Gumstix BSP Layer Updated, click here.