Quantcast

Getting bitbake to ignore a layer's bbappend

Getting bitbake to ignore a layer's bbappend

Scott Ellis
A question for any Yocto experts out there.

I want to disable an included layer's bbappend override for one
recipe, but I want to keep the layer.

I have a particular case in mind, but it's a general question.

The particular bbappend is from the meta-openembedded layer

meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.8.1.bbappend

What this bbappend does is add mysql and postgresql to the Qt4 build
for which I have no need. The main recipe from the openembedded-core
layer is sufficient.

openembedded-core/meta/recipes-qt/qt4/qt4-x11-free_4.8.1.bb

I can disable the override by brute force by just removing the
.bbappend entirely, but I'd like to be able to do it from one of
my conf files and not modify the meta-openembedded layer.

I could probably add a bbappend to my own layer that 'undoes'
what the meta-openembedded layer is doing, but that doesn't seem
like the right approach.

Is there a better way to do this?

Some conf file syntax that says 'ignore this particular .bbappend
in this particular layer'?

Re: Getting bitbake to ignore a layer's bbappend

Philip Balister
On 05/02/2013 06:21 AM, Scott Ellis wrote:
> A question for any Yocto experts out there.
>
> I want to disable an included layer's bbappend override for one
> recipe, but I want to keep the layer.

Try using BBMASK in local.conf.

Search for BBMASK in
http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/mega-manual/mega-manual.html

Philip

Scott Ellis
Perfect. Thanks.

On 05/02/2013 08:21 AM, Scott Ellis wrote:
> Perfect. Thanks.

I believe the bbappend is dropped in newer meta-oe's. We've been making
an effort to reduce the number of bbappends in meta-oe.

Philip