Quantcast

Gallop43 - no gps data?

Wyke Bayliss
Hi,

I'm having some trouble obtaining gps data from the u-blox neo-5G on the Gallop43 breakout board. I'm using an Overo fire com and an external MCX antenna (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005ERG08A). I'm booting off an sd card with bespoke omap3-console-image with added gps-utils and gpsd (opkg confirms these are up to date). Following these instructions:

http://wiki.gumstix.org/index.php?title=GPS

I am killing and then re-running gpsd on /dev/ttyS0
Then running cpgs gives me no data at all and "NO FIX"
Similarly using minicom to connect to /dev/ttyS0 at 9600baud 8N1 (as per neo-5g documentation) gives no data at all either.
The rest of the board seems to work fine. Any thoughts about what I am doing wrong or things to try to kick the thing into life? I am newbie to gpsd and this particular breakout board, so all advice greatfully received.

Best,
Wyke

Re: Gallop43 - no gps data?

Seradith