GUMSTIX DATE CHANGE AT REBOOT

Thanatos

I have some problem with Overo Earthstorm mounting Angtrom OS Kern Ver 3.2.0:

If I run command reboot, once out of ten on average the system reboots with the date postponed to May. Time, day and year not change, only month change and always in May.

I was able to replicate this bug in lab, but I have no idea to resolve it. The conditions to verify the bug are as follows:

- Boot system
- Set Date to a month prior to May
- Reboot system several times

 I didn't find other users who have reported the problem. But I have 220 GUM and 50 that I have tried have the problem

If date is set after may the bug does not occur.

Re: GUMSTIX DATE CHANGE AT REBOOT

Andrew C. Smith
Hi,

What expansion board are you connected to?  Does the expansion board have any sort of backup coin-cell battery?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: GUMSTIX DATE CHANGE AT REBOOT

Andrew C. Smith
Hi John,

Powered and high-speed hubs are not the same thing.  It does not have to be externally powered.  I think what you're referring to is the OTG port, it typically does not supply enough power to run a hub on it's own and requires external power.  However, you're using the host port in this case (correct?).  Since you're still getting a message about "ohci-omap3" when you plug in the hub, I suspect it's a full-speed hub and not a high-speed hub.  Do you have a web cam handy?  Typically those are high-speed devices.

Andrew

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:30 AM, John Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Andrew,

It's an Overo Series Tobi board. There is a battery slot but it does not contain a battery.

I have read in other posts that with this expansion board a powered hub is required but that is not properly recognised either. I get the following messages when I connect a hub:

usb 2-2: new full-speed USB device number 21 using ohci-omap3
usb 2-2: device not accepting address 21, error -62
usb usb2-port2: unable to enumerate USB device

Thanks,
John

What expansion board are you connected to?  Does the expansion board have any sort of backup coin-cell battery?

Thanks,

Andrew

Attend Shape: An AT&T Tech Expo July 15-16. Meet us at AT&T Park in San Francisco, CA to explore cutting-edge tech and listen to tech luminaries present their vision of the future. This family event has something for everyone, including kids. Get more information and register today.
http://sdm.link/attshape

Re: GUMSTIX DATE CHANGE AT REBOOT

Akram Hameed
Hi John,

The rechargeable battery recommended for the TOBI is one of these: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/panasonic-bsg/ML-621S-ZTN/P007-ND/965124

NOTE: if you don't modify the kernel source (or alternatively, the device tree), it takes a very long time for the battery to recharge (default is 50uA). A better option for some people is to disable charging altogether (default with current gumstix stable kernel device tree) and use an external coin cell, or crank the charging rate (I use 500uA on our boards).

Cheers,

Akram