Quantcast

FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

Sriram Sundararajan
While booting up the chestnut43, I'm seeing these error messages.
Starting PVR
Error: missing filename.
FATAL: Module omaplfb not found.
FATAL: Module bufferclass_ti not found.

Thanks to Andreas, I can see the qtdemo app on the lcd screen. However, the fonts are too small and are unreadable. Does it have anything to do with the above error messages? Any idea what those mean? I am using oe-core. and meta-ti along with meta-gumstix. I am masking out the recipes under meta-ti/recipes-misc.

Thanks
Sriram

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

ktpi
I have been having some of the same issues, discussed in more detail over here:

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/OpenGL-demos-on-Gumstix-instructions-td641163.html

I haven't gotten any of the demos to work yet--for me, it seems that the PowerVR/SGX driver is not properly installed.

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

Pettinato, Jim

Your most recent question is borderline off topic for this mailing list as it is more of a Qt Embedded question than a Gumstix question, but look into setting QWS_SIZE and QWS_DISPLAY environment variables. You need to tell Qt the dimensions of the screen so it can determine how to draw the fonts.

For the 5.7” display on our custom expansion board I used the following values,  you will need to adjust them for the LCD you are using:

export QWS_DISPLAY=”LinuxFb:mmWidth120:mmHeight90”

export QWS_SIZE=640x480

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

Sriram Sundararajan
Hi Jim,
Thanks for your input. I guess there were two questions here. The one that was bothering me most was why the kernel modules omapflb and bufferclass_ti weren't getting loaded. Regardless of my Qt issues, I do want to know why I am getting those error messages. These error messages seem to be related to TI's graphics modules.

Sriram

Pettinato, Jim wrote
Your most recent question is borderline off topic for this mailing list as it is more of a Qt Embedded question than a Gumstix question, but look into setting QWS_SIZE and QWS_DISPLAY environment variables. You need to tell Qt the dimensions of the screen so it can determine how to draw the fonts.

For the 5.7" display on our custom expansion board I used the following values,  you will need to adjust them for the LCD you are using:

export QWS_DISPLAY="LinuxFb:mmWidth120:mmHeight90"
export QWS_SIZE=640x480

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

adam.yh.lee
Getting SGX working is one of the top priorities at the moment for meta-gumstix.
In other words, it isn't working right now =(

Adam

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM, ktpi <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have been having some of the same issues, discussed in more detail over
here:

http://gumstix.8.n6.nabble.com/OpenGL-demos-on-Gumstix-instructions-td641163.html

I haven't gotten any of the demos to work yet--for me, it seems that the
PowerVR/SGX driver is not properly installed.

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

Sriram Sundararajan
I had to set MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += " libgles-omap3" to load the omaplfb and bufferclass_ti modules. I believe setting MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS += " omap3-sgx-modules" will also work.

Sriram Sundararajan wrote
[...]

Thanks
Sriram

Re: FATAL: Module omaplfb not found

Andreas Müller-2
On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Adam Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Getting SGX working is one of the top priorities at the moment for
> meta-gumstix.
> In other words, it isn't working right now =(
>
> Adam
With [1] + [2] (maybe included in sakoman kernel - I don't know)
powervr example applications work for -storm and non-storm overos for
3.2 and 3.5. 3.6 causes oops on restart/reset :-(

Andreas

[1] http://gitorious.org/schnitzeltony-oe-meta/meta-gumstix-community/trees/master/recipes-bsp/powervr-drivers
[2] http://gitorious.org/schnitzeltony-oe-meta/meta-gumstix-community/blobs/master/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-omap-3.5/0001-Revert-ARM-OMAP-SoC-detection-remove-unused-cpu_is-m.patch