Quantcast

Exposure function using E-Con System Cameras with Gumstix Overo

Exposure function using E-Con System Cameras with Gumstix Overo

Freddy
Hi!,

I am using an e-CAM50_CU35x_GSTIX - 5 MP camera module for the gumstix overo. I'm having trouble with the exposure level of the camera (pictures are too bright) when I use the maximal resolution (5 Megapixels).

In the camera Manual is written that the function V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE of V4L2 is supported through VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL. I have tried to find a control value to change the exposure of the sensor but without success. When the function V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE is by the camera accepted and I change the control value I always obtain the same picture without exposure control (very bright). No matter which value I set, the picture has not changed.

Could someone in the community tell me if there a way to change the exposure value of the camera? Here is the software I tried to apply for the case:

CLEAR(queryctrl);
queryctrl.id = V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE;
if (-1 == xioctl(fd, VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL, &queryctrl))
{
        if(errno != EINVAL)
            errno_exit("VIDIOC_QUERYCTRL");
        else
            printf("V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE is not supported\n");
}
else if (queryctrl.flags &V4L2_CTRL_FLAG_DISABLED)
{
    printf("V4L2_CID_EXPOSURE is not supported_2\n");
}
else
{
    printf("exp. Value %d \n",control.value);
    if (-1 == xioctl(fd, VIDIOC_S_CTRL, &control))
        errno_exit("VIDIOC_S_CTRL");
}

Thank you in advance,
Freddy