Quantcast

Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Eric97
Hello,

I have seen similar posts in the forum but I came across a strange problem during the DSP meti-ti layer (denzil branch) build. I followed the instructions from http://www.sleepyrobot.com/?p=210, but it seems that probably I am currently using newer repo and some the file location had been changed ever since. I managed to find the file and then modified accordingly. Then tried to build "bitbake gstreamer-ti" and came across the following errors:

ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'update-modules' (but /home/nusuav/yocto/poky/meta-ti/recipes-ti/dsplink/ti-dsplink_1.65.00.03.bb, /home/nusuav/yocto/poky/meta-ti/recipes-ti/local-power-manager/ti-local-power-manager_1.24.02.09.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'update-modules' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['update-modules']
NOTE: Runtime target 'ti-lpm-module' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['ti-lpm-module', 'ti-dsplink', 'update-modules']
ERROR: Required build target 'gstreamer-ti' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['gstreamer-ti', 'ti-lpm-module', 'ti-dsplink', 'update-modules']

I am wondering what is causing this problem. Please kindly advise.

Thank you,
Eric

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Scott Ellis
This cloned repo has fixes for those errors

https://github.com/scottellis/meta-ti

The last two commits are what you want.

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Eric97
Thank you, Scott. It works!

On 11 Dec, 2013, at 21:25, "Scott Ellis [via Gumstix]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

This cloned repo has fixes for those errors

https://github.com/scottellis/meta-ti

The last two commits are what you want.

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Error-during-building-DSP-support-for-Gumstix-Overo-with-Yocto-tp4968417p4968418.html
To unsubscribe from Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto, click here.

[DuoVero OTG] No device identified on OTG port

gaurav.chaturvedi
Hi,

Thanks for your kind help so far in other issues.

I have duoVero with Parlor board and using the yocto-gumstix 3.6 kernel
(built after enabling OTG in the configuration for duoVero using
"bitbake -c menuconfig" and then selecting "Device Drivers-->USB
support--> OTG support). Everything else works fine but currently, I
have one issue in connecting a USB device on the OTG port.

I already have a device on USB host port and need to connect the other
one on OTG port. I tried some suggestions over the internet, changed my
cable to suit the OTG cable requirement (pins 4 and 5 connected to
ground) but no use.

Can anybody help me in enabling the OTG port so that it can identify my
device. Even the device being identified on Host port does not show up
in "lsusb" output when connected to OTG port.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Gaurav

Re: [DuoVero OTG] No device identified on OTG port

thinair89
I think I have the same issue with Overo summit board. I used to connect ft232 to the OTG it worked for quite sometime. Then one day it just stopped working. And the OTG port is useless since then. No reaction to anything that plugged in.
The cable I use is the white one bought from the Gumstix website. So the cable shouldn't be an issue. ft232 does not draw a lot of current.  I'm using Kernel 3.5 from the git tree.
Currently, I have to use a hub connected to the Host port, and then connect my ft232 to the hub (I should have just connected to the pins...).
But OTG is still unusable, cannot connect keyboard or other stuff. Any idea?

Thanks,
Airie

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM, Gaurav Chaturvedi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Airie Zhou

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

zafrullahsyed
I have downloaded ti_cgt_c6000_7.4.6_setup_linux_x86.bin from ti, placed it in /yocto/build/downloads and made a ti_cgt_c6000_7.4.6_setup_linux_x86.bin.done file in the same directory.

I cloned the github(https://github.com/scottellis/meta-ti) repo in yocto/poky and ran bitbake gstreamer-ti, I got this error:

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://install.source.dir.local/ti_cgt_c6000_7.2.7_setup_linux_x86.bin;name=cgt6xbin, attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 4, output:
wget: unable to resolve host address `install.source.dir.local'

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'http://install.source.dir.local/ti_cgt_c6000_7.2.7_setup_linux_x86.bin;name=cgt6xbin'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/siguser/yocto-dsp/build/tmp/work/armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/ti-cgt6x/1_7_2_7-r4/temp/log.do_fetch.10932
ERROR: Task 672 (/home/siguser/yocto-dsp/poky/meta-ti/recipes-ti/devtools/ti-cgt6x_7.2.7.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 642 tasks of which 635 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Where am I doing wrong? Do I need to Download some other file?

Thanks & Regards,

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Scott Ellis
Download ti_cgt_c6000_7.2.7_setup_linux_x86.bin

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Eric97
Hello,

Now I should get everything ready to stream with the caspa camera. After starting the script on the gumstix, get the following error message:

root@overo:~# LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so gst-launch -v v4l2src device=/dev/video6 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! udpsink host=192.168.1.100 port=4000
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Could not negotiate format

I read from this thread http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Using-TI-DSP-link-with-3-0-0-kernel-td4626788.html that the dsp link probably not compatible with the 3.x.x kernel? Anything should I check where the problem exactly comes from?

Thank you,
Eric

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Error-during-building-DSP-support-for-Gumstix-Overo-with-Yocto-tp4968417p4968442.html

zafrullahsyed

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

Eric97
Thanks!

Tried Ash methods and still got the same error... I have changed the resolution to 640x480 in the media-ctl command.

An output of the lsmod is as below:
root@overo:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
libertas_sdio          16484  0
libertas               99993  1 libertas_sdio
firmware_class          6920  2 libertas_sdio,libertas
cfg80211              172644  1 libertas
rfkill                 17524  2 cfg80211
lib80211                5138  1 libertas
mt9v032                 7169  1
sdmak                   4132  0
lpm_omap3530            6833  0
dsplinkk              132431  1 lpm_omap3530
omap3_isp             132270  0
v4l2_common             8681  2 omap3_isp,mt9v032
ads7846                10528  0
cmemk                  22109  0
ipv6                  252525  22
videodev               98880  3 omap3_isp,mt9v032,v4l2_common
media                  12853  3 omap3_isp,mt9v032,videodev

Please kindly suggest. Thank you!

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

bhamadicharef
Any update / resolution on this ?

Re: Error during building DSP support for Gumstix Overo with Yocto

mozic
Hello Scott

I'm trying to install ti-dsplink in my system for GUMSTIX OVERO, I followed sleepyrobot's instruction and tried your project which help me avoid 'update-module' errors, but I found that some of ti-*.rpm in deploy/rpm are empty, so I can't install them into my system. Do you have any ideal to solve this problem?

Regards

Kaixiang