Quantcast

EarthSTORM COM spontaneously rebooting

Ricky D. Howard

I have a RoboVero/EarthSTORM COM setup and have been doing some development on it.

The problem that I am running in to is, the Overo will spontaneously reboot without any messages at all.

If I let the system sit, it will sit for hours without rebooting. But, as soon as I put any load on it at all, such as un-taring a large file, hitting the RoboVero hard, or even just running an "opkg update" command, the Overo will reboot. No panic messages, nothing.

I have made sure that the Gumstix is tightly coupled to the RoboVero.

I have downloaded and installed the 2012-01-22-1750 devlopment image and am running off of a PNY 16GB micro SD card.

Do you think I have a wonky board, or is it the build or SD card that I am running?

Regards,

Rick

Re: EarthSTORM COM spontaneously rebooting

Chris Whittenburg
What kind of power supply are you using?

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Ricky D. Howard
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a RoboVero/EarthSTORM COM setup and have been doing some development
> on it.
>

> The problem that I am running in to is, the Overo will spontaneously reboot
> without any messages at all.
>

> If I let the system sit, it will sit for hours without rebooting. But, as
> soon as I put any load on it at all, such as un-taring a large file, hitting
> the RoboVero hard, or even just running an "opkg update" command, the Overo
> will reboot. No panic messages, nothing.
>

> I have made sure that the Gumstix is tightly coupled to the RoboVero.
>

> I have downloaded and installed the 2012-01-22-1750 devlopment image and am
> running off of a PNY 16GB micro SD card.
>

> Do you think I have a wonky board, or is it the build or SD card that I am
> running?
>

> Regards,
>
> Rick

Re: EarthSTORM COM spontaneously rebooting

Ricky D. Howard
It is a BK precision becnchtop regulated power supply. It is connected to the on-board power pads through a soldered terminal block.

Danny Chan
How many volts are you putting in? It needs at least 5.5V.

Re: EarthSTORM COM spontaneously rebooting

Ricky D. Howard
I think it is set to 5V. I'll up it to 5.5 and make sure that the current limit isn't set low.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll post my results once I know.

Regards,
Rick

How many volts are you putting in? It needs at least 5.5V.

Re: EarthSTORM COM spontaneously rebooting

Ricky D. Howard
Well... Looks like power was the issue. Been running hard now for a couple of hours with no reboots!

Thanks!

Rick