Quantcast

Duovero desktop image?

alex0486
I have been working with the Scott Ellis's Yocto layer for the Gumstix Duovero based on Steve Sakoman's 3.6 kernel image and I have been able to do some of my initial porting and benchmarking of my software to the Duovero COM. In the near future, however, I would like to be able to run an X server and some form of desktop environment on the Duovero. Is anyone working on a desktop image? I don't care what desktop environment it uses.

Re: Duovero desktop image?

Steve Sakoman
I have an xfce image you can try.

Just pick up the mksdcard.sh script here:

http://feeds.sakoman.com/feeds/yocto-1.3/images/omap4-multi/current/

Make it executable with chmod +x and then run it with a command line
something like this:

sudo mksdcard /dev/sdc duovero xfce

where /dev/sdc is where your development machine mounts the sd card
you want to prepare.

Note that this image is something I use in my own work and is available "as is".

While bug reports are welcome, I really can't offer free support.

Steve

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM, alex0486 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been working with the Scott Ellis's Yocto layer for the Gumstix
> Duovero based on Steve Sakoman's 3.6 kernel image and I have been able to do
> some of my initial porting and benchmarking of my software to the Duovero
> COM. In the near future, however, I would like to be able to run an X server
> and some form of desktop environment on the Duovero. Is anyone working on a
> desktop image? I don't care what desktop environment it uses.

Re: Duovero desktop image?

alex0486
Do you have the recipe available that you used for this image? The image seems to be taking an eternity to download and I will eventually need to make changes to it.