Quantcast

Duovero Camera Board

Lothe Shashank

Hi,

Is there any camera board compatible with duovero zephyr com board. I read here http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/duovero-or-overo-td4966683.html that the Caspa boards are not designed for the Duovero COMs. I don’t want to use USB camera for my development. Please suggest.

Regards,

Shashank

Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

Re: Duovero Camera Board

allsey87
Hi Shashank,

There is no camera board available commercially through Gumstix for the moment. Caspa is not compatible with the OMAP4 on the Duovero as it uses a MIPI input, while Caspa is parallel I believe.

I'm currently designing a camera board for my application based on this sensor, which seems to have the most support/documentation from the linux kernel and omapedia: https://www.leopardimaging.com/LI-OV5640-MIPI-AF.html

If you are an experienced at working with the Linux Kernel, Video4Linux, OMAP processors or PCB design, let me know and perhaps we can consider a collaboration.

On 14 December 2014 at 08:14, Lothe Shashank <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Is there any camera board compatible with duovero zephyr com board. I read here http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/duovero-or-overo-td4966683.html that the Caspa boards are not designed for the Duovero COMs. I don’t want to use USB camera for my development. Please suggest.

Regards,

Shashank

Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.

Re: Duovero Camera Board

Lothe Shashank

Thanks Michael for your clarification. I am currently exploring the possibilities for camera boards and using V4L on OMAP4 processor. I need to do little more study before I confirm.

Regards,

Shashank

Re: Duovero Camera Board

allsey87
Hi Shashank,

I'm on holiday for 3 weeks now, so take all the time you need. My conclusion was that there are two approaches to using the MIPI camera input on OMAP4.

1: using V4L, an open-source effort to support the ISS module on the OMAP4, discontinued although tested using OV5640 (hence why I choose that particular sensor).
2: Using Ducati / LibDCE, that is TI's more closed source approach, that doesn't use V4L but has a set of plugins for gstreamer that are about 2-3 years old.

Post back here with any information you find during your research, I would also be interested to do some more reading.

All the best,

Michael

On 15 December 2014 at 07:07, Lothe Shashank <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Michael for your clarification. I am currently exploring the possibilities for camera boards and using V4L on OMAP4 processor. I need to do little more study before I confirm.

Regards,

Shashank

Re: Duovero Camera Board

balajip
Hi Shashank,

There is a tested OV5640 camera board on omap4 is available from e-con systems.

http://www.e-consystems.com/OMAP4-MIPI-Camera-Board.asp

This is compatible with pandaboard, but can be customized to connect with duovero. They provide driver source and application along with the camera board. If you want to explore camera in omap4, then take a look into this camera board.

Re: Duovero Camera Board

Rishabh Rawat
hi allsey87
As balaji stated OV5640 camera board on omap4 is available from e-con systems. which has been known working on pandaboard. Can we not port the drivers from there.

What might be the procedure to accomplish this if it can be done

Re: Duovero Camera Board

allsey87

Hi Rishabh,

In there should be nothing to do, but I have yet to see that happen in practice.

I'll be back in the office as of 10/1/15, can discuss more then.

Cheers,

Michael

Am 17.12.2014 17:03 schrieb "Rishabh Rawat" <[hidden email]>:
hi allsey87
As balaji stated OV5640 camera board on omap4 is available from e-con
systems. which has been known working on pandaboard. Can we not port the
drivers from there.

What might be the procedure to accomplish this if it can be done

Re: Duovero Camera Board

allsey87
Work in progress update. here is the schematic I'm working on. The board uses the OV5640 sensor and has 4 white LEDs spaced around the camera for computer vision applications.

Links:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/Schematic.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/RoutingProcess1.PNG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/RoutingProcess2.PNG

Notes:

1. Don't mind the black box, altium is being stupid and doesn't like PNG images
2. P2 and P3 are temporary connectors for hooking up to the Chateau Expansion board and will be removed in the final revision.

I will consider providing one of these boards for free as part of a collaboration. Candidates must:

1. Have access to a least one DuoVero and Chateau Expansion board
2. Have some experience with writing drivers in Linux, OMAP4, Video4Linux (V4L2) (please demonstrate this)

Best,

Michael

Re: Duovero Camera Board

allsey87
Hi all,

I have finished my camera module now and will send it for manufacture on Monday. If anyone is interested in collaborating feel free to look at the files at following link and send comments back my way.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/gumstix-camera/3d-render-1.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/gumstix-camera/3d-render-2.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34090710/gumstix-camera/camera-board.pdf

The board I have designed is for computer vision applications on a mobile robot, but should work as a starting point for anyone else who is interested in doing development in this direction. As I mentioned in my previous message, I will consider providing one of these boards for free as part of a collaboration. Candidates for such a collaboration must:

On 24 December 2014 at 12:04, Michael Allwright <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Rishabh,

In there should be nothing to do, but I have yet to see that happen in practice.

I'll be back in the office as of 10/1/15, can discuss more then.

Cheers,

Michael

Am 17.12.2014 17:03 schrieb "Rishabh Rawat" <[hidden email]>:

hi allsey87
As balaji stated OV5640 camera board on omap4 is available from e-con
systems. which has been known working on pandaboard. Can we not port the
drivers from there.

What might be the procedure to accomplish this if it can be done

Re: Duovero Camera Board

techinpost
Good Day I Am So Happy I Found Your Website, I
Found You By Mistake, While I Was Searching On Aol For
Something Else, Anyhow I Am Here Now And Would Just Like To Say Many Thanks For
A Remarkable Post And An All Round Entertaining Blog
I Don’t Have Time To Read It, All At The Moment But I Have BookMarked It
And Also Added In Your RSS Feeds, So When I Have Time I Will Be Back To Read More,
Please Do Keep Up The Fantastic Job. You can also check; system_thread_exception_not_handled
Techinpost.com Website gives you all about the Latest Tech. News like Errors, How to Fix & Solve, Guides and much more knowledgeable things from all around the world.
Check out more at ; www.techinpost.com