Quantcast

DuoVero Reset Pin

acsmith
Hi,

I'm using a DuoVero Zephyr with a Parlor board.  The small reset button near the USB console pin is connected to the PMIC_NRESWARM (active low) pin on the DuoVero.  When I push the button it does not reset the system, it only halts it and requires a power cycle.  I'm assuming this is connected to the SYS_NRESWARM pin on the OMAP4430 (along with the power supply I think).  According to the spec sheet, driving this pin low is the proper way to reset the system.  However, it is a bidirectional pin so it probably needs to be configured as an input.

I looked at the current pin muxing
root@duovero:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/omap_mux/sys_nreswarm
name: sys_nreswarm.sys_nreswarm (0x4a31e062/0x062 = 0x0000), b af7, t NA
mode: OMAP_PIN_OUTPUT | OMAP_MUX_MODE0
signals: sys_nreswarm | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA
root@duovero:~#
So MODE0 (sys_nreswarm) is the only possible mode for this pin which matches the spec sheet.  However, it looks like it's configured as an output.  So I tried to change it to an input, with pull-up resistors enabled ((MODE0 | PTU | IEN) = 0x118).
root@duovero:~# echo 118 > /sys/kernel/debug/omap_mux/sys_nreswarm
root@duovero:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/omap_mux/sys_nreswarm
name: sys_nreswarm.sys_nreswarm (0x4a31e062/0x062 = 0x0000), b af7, t NA
mode: OMAP_PIN_OUTPUT | OMAP_MUX_MODE0
signals: sys_nreswarm | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA | NA
root@duovero:~#
Obviously that had no effect.  I confirmed that this type of command does work by trying it on gpio122 (abe_dmic_din3).  So for some reason it's not accepting it as an input.  I also tried changing the pin muxing in the duovero_mux_data.h U-Boot file and recompile but that didn't work either, it still came up as an output.

Anybody have any luck getting the reset button to work?

Thanks,

Andrew

Re: DuoVero Reset Pin

acsmith
Well this may sound weird but I've found that the functionality of the reset pin depends on what micro SD card I use.  Using the same Linux 3.6 image (without any muxing from above), on a 2GB Transcend uSD card the reset pin doesn't work.  However, if I use a 8 GB Kingston uSD card everything works fine.  I don't know why that would have anything to do with it, when I get the chance I'll try it on some other cards.  I'm using a custom Pansenti (meta-pansenti) console image so 2GB is lots of room. Maybe the initial set of cards I was using (with malfunctioning reset button) were actually bad and I didn't really know it ... but I would think that there would be other issues.  Recently I've had  other weird errors on my DuoVeros but I'll start a new thread for those.

Andrew