Quantcast

DaVinci/FireSTORM setup

ktpi
I'm using the OpenEmbedded build environment and am wanting to use the DaVinci processor on the Overo FireSTORM--is there a special configuration that needs to be done for the DaVinci vs the OMAP?  On the developer site, it only mentions bitbake omap3-desktop-image, but I don't know if this will allow me to take full advantage of the DaVinci.

Re: DaVinci/FireSTORM setup

rklosinski
Probably will not enable the DSP. Im using the WaterStorm and moved to Linux 2.6.34 to enable the DSP and to get gstreamer working.

Re: DaVinci/FireSTORM setup

Gutembert
Hi rklosinski,

After getting gstreamer working, did you manage to implement live streaming? (live streaming through UDP protocol "rtp")

Thank you in advance,
Gutembert.

Re: DaVinci/FireSTORM setup

rklosinski
Yes, but only using videotestsrc. I cannot figure out how to get the caspa camera or the tvp514x to stream.