Quantcast

DSP image not loading all modules from image properly? What I'm I missing?

DSP image not loading all modules from image properly? What I'm I missing?

zoso1234
Hello

So I have been working on the different dsp tutorials that I have found and have been able to make the jumpnow dsp console image but slightly modified:

TI_DSP_INSTALL = " \
  task-gstreamer-ti \
  ti-codec-engine \
  ti-dmai \
  ti-dspbios \
  ti-dsplib \
  ti-dsplink \
  ti-dsplink-module \
  ti-cmem-module \
  ti-c6accel \
  ti-cgt6x \
  ti-linuxutils\
  ti-xdctools \
  ti-xdais \
"
- Unlike that tutorial where the end game was more of getting dsp for encoding/streaming video..I just want to be able to do simple image processing algorithms on an image using the dsp but from what I can tell is that not all of the TI packages/libs are going onto the gumstix which I'm asking for.

Here is snippet of my boot up for reference:
Running /usr/share/ti/gst/omap3530/loadmodules.shCMEMK module: built on Apr  6 2012 at 21:53:23
  Reference Linux version 2.6.34
  File /mnt/extHD2/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-linuxutils-1_2_25_05_11-r100d/linuxutils_2_25_05_11/packages/ti/sdo/linuxutils/cmem/src/module/cmemk.c
allocated heap buffer 0xc7000000 of size 0x53d000
cmemk initialized
DSPLINK Module (1.65.00.03) created on Date: Apr  6 2012 Time: 21:49:24
SDMAK module: built on Apr  6 2012 at 21:53:28
  Reference Linux version 2.6.34
  File /mnt/extHD2/overo-oe/tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/ti-linuxutils-1_2_25_05_11-r100d/linuxutils_2_25_05_11/packages/ti/sdo/linuxutils/sdma/src/module/sdmak.c
  done

root@overo:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
sdmak                   3950  0
lpm_omap3530            6871  0
dsplinkk              129813  1 lpm_omap3530
cmemk                  22160  0
option                 16236  0
usbserial              30552  1 option
ads7846                 8515  0
root@overo:~# uname -a
Linux overo 2.6.34 #1 Wed Apr 4 23:19:45 CDT 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux

-So from what I can tell is that I'm able to follow the jumpnow tutorial pretty well and get what is expected..but alot of the ti stuff that I thought would be on there is not-by looking at the. In the tmp/work/overo-angstrom-linux-gnueabi folder I see the ti-c6accel, ti-c6run, ti-cgt6x and other things like the dvsdk demos. Take for example the ti-cgt6x folder it looks good. the  bin,include, folders have all the goodies but why don't they go onto the gumstix?

In the testlab folder looking at the installed-packages they should be there example:
ti-cgt6x_1:6_1_17-r4.6_overo.ipk
Files in image:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root    435 Apr  7 00:21 ti-cgt6x.control
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root      0 Apr  7 23:36 ti-cgt6x.list
is all that looks to be there for the cgt6x..no include files or bin files ..or any of the sample/example files that should be there..as they are found in the work/ti's folders
-is this mean something is screwy with my kernel/image or memory and things are not getting properly loaded or something else...

One thought I had is
Acc. to the pixhawk tutorial an Angstrom LInux Host cannot compile DSP code..is this the reason certain things are not going onto the gumstix? Am I to use these folders(czrun, accel, cgt6x)  to compile my dsp code on my ubuntu desktop and then send an executable over to the gumstix? This part of the process I'm a little hazy on and from my reading of pixhawk and c6ezrun links/tutorials I'm not getting this and was hoping someone could enlighten me a little and maybe give me a push in the right direction.

Thank you!