Quantcast

Counting pulses

Mipo01
Hi,
i am working on project and one of the part is to controlling the linear actuator from LINAK. Basically the concept is that we have 4 wires when two of them are for powering the motor and two are the relative output in form of few pulses per revolution.
Now iam able to control motor with H-bridge but i am trying to figure out how to read the output to determine where exaclty we are with actuator.
So I would like to ask for some suggestion how approach could be the fastest and most simple to implement to have smallest delay between reading feedback and controlling motor.

Thank you very much.

Best
Michal

Re: Counting pulses

Akram Hameed
Howdy Michal,

You want to count the pulses and generate pulses? I'd use the OMAP PWM lines.  You can either generate pulses using PWM mode, or use capture-compare mode to count things up.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Akram

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Mipo01 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
i am working on project and one of the part is to controlling the linear
actuator from LINAK. Basically the concept is that we have 4 wires when two
of them are for powering the motor and two are the relative output in form
of few pulses per revolution.
Now iam able to control motor with H-bridge but i am trying to figure out
how to read the output to determine where exaclty we are with actuator.
So I would like to ask for some suggestion how approach could be the fastest
and most simple to implement to have smallest delay between reading feedback
and controlling motor.

Thank you very much.

Best
Michal

Re: Counting pulses

Mipo01
This post was updated on .
Thanks for the reply :-)

but isn't it hard job to rewrite the kernel module for newbie in embedded systems field? what about some simpler way? but otherwise ill try :-)