Console on ttyGS0

a71128
Hi everyone,
I recently need to use both uart ports for my current project.
I mange to set the default console to USB OTG port on Tobi.
However, console only works if I plug in an usb cable before booting up.
Does anyone know if it's possible to make the console work over usb otg port without plugging in usb cable during booting?
Thank you.

Best,
Jeffery Hsu

Re: Console on ttyGS0

Andrew C. Smith
Hi Jeffery,

The usb otg uses gadget drivers to enable certain services.  Off the top of my head I don't remember which one is used for serial (g_serial maybe) but I'm guessing that if it's working with the cabled connected on boot but not otherwise, that you'll need to load the driver manually (modprobe g_serial) if you plug the cable in after it has booted.

Let me know how it goes.

Andrew

RE: Console on ttyGS0

a71128

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply.

I am using KERNEL_MODULE_AUTOLOAD in overo.conf to load ‘g_cdc’ at boot time.

ttyGS0 shows up no matter if the cable is connected or not on boot, but getty will only prompt if the cable is connected.

I have also set SERIAL_CONSOLES = “115200;ttyGS0”.

Do you have any advice on where I should look into?

Thank you.

Best,

Jeffery

The usb otg uses gadget drivers to enable certain services.  Off the top of my head I don't remember which one is used for serial (g_serial maybe) but I'm guessing that if it's working with the cabled connected on boot but not otherwise, that you'll need to load the driver manually (modprobe g_serial) if you plug the cable in after it has booted.

Let me know how it goes.

Andrew

http://gumstix.8.x6.nabble.com/Console-on-ttyGS0-tp4970968p4970970.html

To unsubscribe from Console on ttyGS0, click here.