Connect to Netstix with no router / DHCP ?

Connect to Netstix with no router / DHCP ?

R S-6

Hello!
I received a Netstix 400CF and learned that the Netstix is shipped to default to DHCP.
I have no router, and am using Windows XP.
Is there any option for connecting with Ethernet other than a router w/DHCP?

I posted yesterday but neglected to state which OS I'm using.
I am prepared to purchase a serial expansion board if necesary, but I would like to begin using the Netstix now if possible.

Thanks for reading.
-Rick

PC Magazine’s 2007 editors’ choice for best Web mail—award-winning Windows Live Hotmail.

Re: Connect to Netstix with no router / DHCP ?

Leif Gripner
Cant tell you how the IP config looks on the netstix 400cf BUT if you have 2 networkcards in ur windowsXP PC you can just rightclick the card that is connected to the internet and share it. By doing so ur other networkcard wich u polug in agasint the netstix will have a DHCP server runnin

hope it helps

/ Leif

Re: Connect to Netstix with no router / DHCP ?

Heilpern, Mark

Have you looked for DHCP server software for Windows? I haven’t, but I’d be surprised if nothing is available. Once the Netstix is running and you can ssh into it, you can assign it a static IP and remove the DHCP server.

With or without DHCP, you’re going to need a Linux host platform to build for your Netstix. If you don’t have a box to dedicate for it, you can use Vmware, coLinux, or other virtualization systems running under Windows, with Linux running within them. If you have your Windows network port bridged to the virtual Linux, your Linux system can serve DHCP.

My advice: get a serial connection regardless. It’s inexpensive and it’s a lifesaver.

I received a Netstix 400CF and learned that the Netstix is shipped to default to DHCP.

I have no router, and am using Windows XP.

Is there any option for connecting with Ethernet other than a router w/DHCP?

I posted yesterday but neglected to state which OS I'm using.

I am prepared to purchase a serial expansion board if necesary, but I would like to begin using the Netstix now if possible.

Thanks for reading.

-Rick

PC Magazines 2007 editors choice for best Web mailaward-winning Windows Live Hotmail.

NOTE: The information in this message is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. To the extent the recipient(s) is/are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, or other agreement that contains an obligation of confidentiality, with AuthenTec, then this message and/or any attachments shall be considered confidential information and subject to the confidentiality terms of that agreement.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above, you are notified that you have received this document in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please delete the original message and notify the sender immediately.

Thank you.

 AuthenTec, Inc.  http://www.authentec.com